Reporting directly to the Financial Controller in this Co Louth based company, you will be responsible for performing internal financial processes which includes evaluating the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the internal controls and proactively working with management to ensure compliance.
You will evaluate and recommend improvements to business practices, processes and control procedures.
This is a new role created due to the fact the business is going through significant growth, and a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and thriving international brand.
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation
- Verify assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation
- Complete audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings
- Appraise effectiveness of internal control systems, presenting areas for improvement
- Maintain internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires; recommending new policies and procedures
- Prepare special audit and control reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising operating information and trends.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Monitor Capex and operating expenditure for each department
- Continuously assess opportunities to improve Assurant, Inc.’s internal control environment
- Perform risk assessments on key business activities and using this information to guide what to cover in audits
- Track cost performance and control against annual budgets
- Anticipate emerging issues through research and interviews and deciding how best to deal with them
- Agree recommendations with relevant staff members to make improvements to operations
- Prepare reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports to the relevant internal contacts
- 3rd level education or a minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a FMCG Finance/Accounting environment, where data analytics has formed a component part of the role
- Commercial, analytical and numerate, with a strong focus on detail and a ‘right first time’ approach.
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as commitment to quality and efficiency.
- Strong computer skills (advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience working within tight deadlines and fluid processes in a growing business
- Proactive and self-sufficient with ability to prioritise and multitask
- Able to demonstrate initiative in approach to problem solving.
- Customer focused with a good understanding of service concepts.
- Receptive to change and flexible approach.
This is an interesting opportunity for an ACCA or CIMA studier to advance their career.
Salary is in the region of €35 – 45k depending on experience.
For further information or a confidential discussion please APPLY NOW through the link!
Apply for this job.