Financial Accountant – South Down
Cpl are recruiting for a Financial Accountant on behalf of their client who are based in the South Down area.
Provide support for the Finance Accounting Manager in all areas of responsibility including monthly management reporting, year-end statutory reporting, tax filing, budgeting and forecasting.
This role will also be responsible for the implementation of process improvement and efficiencies across the finance the department.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Monthly Financial Accounts
- Completion of monthly financial accounts pack within tight reporting deadlines
- Input to and assist in the preparation of the full set of consolidated accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare financial reporting packs for review and distribution to the management team, Board and external stakeholders.
- Book accruals and other journals on a monthly basis.
- Prepare reconciliations for review on all balance sheet accounts.
Year End Accounting
- Preparation of financial accounts in line with IFRS and local GAAP requirements where applicable.
- Assist in the successful completion of the annual audit.
- Preparation of financial statements for all entities.
- Assist in the preparation & submission of executive team monthly management reports using SAP.
- Preparation of external grant reporting requirements.
- Prepare analysis of labour and overhead absorption on a monthly basis.
- Draft for review and implement new policies & procedures where required to facilitate process improvement
- Prepare a monthly tax filing report.
- Prepare monthly tax returns.
- Manage Revenue Audit Queries.
- Prepare a forecast and identify foreign exchange requirements on a monthly basis.
- Prepare Treasury reports and forecasts on a weekly basis.
- Input data on actual monthly spend to Budget Owners Financial Reports.
- Assist with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable as required.
- Enhance the efficiency of processes within the Finance team, including utilising the SAP system to its full potential.
- Input to the establishment of Supply Chain Management systems using SAP.
Essential Skills & Attributes
- 2 years plus post qualification experience within industry required.
- Experience of and proficient in ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle etc)
- Strong interest in business, with background in fast moving Construction, Engineering or Manufacturing Environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong interpersonal skills are critical as the role involves regular communication through all levels of the organisation.
For more information on this role or any other within Accountancy & Finance please contact James on 02890 725 614Apply for this job.