Financial Crime Compliance Testing Officer
Compliance proactively identifies, assesses, reports and mitigates compliance and reputational risks across business lines, products, legal entities and jurisdictions to the benefit of our franchise, customers and employees. Compliance sets standards, and uses an enterprise-wide compliance risk management approach in partnership with the business and other Global Functions to drive a strong culture of compliance and control, and support the principles of Responsible Finance. Compliance is committed to providing sound, independent advice and excellence in execution.
The Financial Crime Compliance Testing team exists to assist in the management and oversight of Financial Crime Compliance risk in the following ways:
• To complete Financial Crime Compliance Reviews using a strong, independent and consistent global process
• To pro-actively identify areas of Financial Crime compliance risk and escalate these to senior management for resolution
• To ensure that effective and timely corrective action plans are in place to address any areas of Financial Crime compliance risk that are identified
The goal of the Financial Crime Compliance Testing Team in EMEA is to perform planned reviews against Financial Crime (Anti-Money Laundering, Anti Bribery and Corruption and Sanctions) regulatory requirements and pertinent Citigroup processes.
The Financial Crime Compliance Testing Officer (The Officer) will be expected to review regulatory requirements to determine appropriate test programme coverage, execute and coordinate reviews of specific areas of Financial Crime regulatory compliance on a region-wide basis in coordination with other Financial Crime Compliance Testing staff, operating as a virtual team.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Crime Compliance Testing Officer (The Officer) will include but are not limited to:
• Leading or contributing to Financial Crime reviews covering various businesses and processes across all sectors that may either be in country or remote location; reviews will be conducted based on both those planned for the year (thematic, horizontal, targeted, ad-hoc) or on account of regulatory and/or business/industry issues
• Collecting and reporting Financial Crime reviews results to identify trends and areas of emerging risks; and to communicate analysis to internal stakeholders to ensure consistency in approach to testing and addressing Financial Crime emerging risks.
• Working on individual projects assigned from time to time within the Financial Crime Compliance Testing remit.
• The Officer will be a member of the regional Financial Crime Compliance Testing Team and will be expected to provide a strong advisory role in the unit’s activities, strategy and development.
• Assisting in day to day management of the Financial Crime Compliance Testing Team.
The successful candidate will play an important role in the Financial Crime testing activities of the unit providing opportunities to develop a more in-depth view of the businesses being tested from a regulatory and compliance perspective.
Furthermore, the officer will get an opportunity to work with other pillars/facets of controls while working on special project co-ordination initiatives.
The role provides a great opportunity to work in close collaboration with colleagues in different jurisdictions and at a global level and provides exposure to senior management.
Knowledge / Experience:
• Related industry experience with a background in Compliance, Risk or Audit, preferably gained in an international financial institution.
• Financial Crime Compliance experience is essential.
• Background and understanding of relevant AML laws and regulations, A B and C guidance and Sanctions regimes, and applicability to various business lines such as Cards, Mortgage, Retail, Commercial products , capital markets products, institutional and retail brokerage, and private banking.
• In-depth understanding of audit methodology, risk and control analysis.
• Prior exposure to markets and banking products, processes, procedures and regulations a benefit.
• A good knowledge of multiple control testing environments beneficial.
• Experience working with the handling and communication of complex concepts.
• Strong ability to manage and facilitate work projects both on the ground and with remote units
• Proven ability to work under pressure.
College/university education preferred, but an exceptional working track record will be deemed equally important.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities EmployerApply for this job.