Ibis Hotel, Castle Street, Belfast, BT1 1HF
Rate of Pay:
Commemorate with experience
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week
The General Manager will coordinate, direct and manage day-to-day hotel operations with a view to consistently delivering performance objectives focused on business revenues, guest satisfaction, and property management.
- Experience within an Assistant General Manager role or a General Manager role
- 3 A levels at grade C or above or equivalent qualification
- Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Efficient in time management and goal oriented
- Strong Microsoft skills
- Experience of managing a branded hotel
- A hotel management degree or diploma or professional qualification
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate, direct and manage the hotel operation to achieve maximum profitability, ensure guest satisfaction, protect the financial aspects of the business and maintain the building.
- Direct and manage operations to ensure optimum performance and continual improvement in the five Key Result Areas (guest service, employees, sales/marketing, property appearance, and profit/financial control).
- Oversee the guest service function to ensure corrective action is taken to resolve guest complaints and ensure superior guest service is delivered.
- Overview HR matters including interviewing, hiring, training, assigning work, coaching/counselling and performance appraisals.
- The role includes goal setting, motivation/discipline of employees, wage cost control, control of general expenses and resolving guest related issues in accordance with company goals.
- Ensure that product quality standards are met in all areas of the hotel as it relates to the appearance, levels of maintenance and cleanliness; establishes and maintains preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the hotel.
- The General Manager is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations and to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description, as required for the successful operation of the hotel.
*The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list and you will be expected to comply with any reasonable requests or duties directed by management.Apply for this job.