GMP Microbiologist –Kilkenny – €50 000
My client based in a cutting edge facility in South Kilkenny have an exciting opportunity for a Microbiologist to join their team.
You will report to the Plant Quality Manager and be responsible for developing, monitoring and managing the plant’s microbiological standards in line with my clients and their customers’ standards.
• Take a leadership role in the creation and maintenance of a GMP culture in the Plant
• Develop and manage Microbiological and Hygiene activities and requirements
• Ensure development, implementation and maintenance of a robust environmental control and monitoring program, e.g. cleaning and sanitation practices, hygienic zoning.
• Develop knowledge about plant equipment and environment for optimum performance in equipment and environmental swabbing.
• Process microbial monitoring including troubleshooting as to type and source.
• Act as Technical lead for identifying and implementing best practices in production microbiology
• Analyse and action environmental trends in controlled areas.
• Ensure testing is performed as per product specification requirements and GMP
• Support of validation activities and cleaning verification.
• Ensure site compliance with operating and regulatory requirements for hygienic processing.
• Ensure constant inspection readiness status by engaging actively with all key departments and leading corrective and preventative actions related to hygiene and microbiology
• Execute site hygiene audits
• Ensure improvement opportunities for the inspection and audit process are identified and executed.
• Provide microbiological leadership in the development and maintenance of the HACCP program.
• Support development and deployment of training to employees on microbiological requirements and hygiene.
• In conjunction with pest control provider, establish, manage and periodically review the Pest Control program.
3rd level qualification in Food Science, Microbiology, Biotechnology or equivalent.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience of Microbiological/Hygiene compliance in a dairy, baby food o, manufacturing operation medical device, sterile pharmaceutical industry or similar.
• Experienced in the development, implementation and management of microbiological and hygienic standards in a manufacturing environment
• Track record in validation activities associated with hygienic process validation.
• Knowledge and experience of using problem solving tools to improve microbiology and hygienic performance.
• Experience working in GMP environment with strong GxP knowledge and HACCP.
• Strong technical and documentation skills required.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with an innate ability to transfer
knowledge and understanding to other parties
Please apply via the link below or call Clare on 02890 339968.Apply for this job.