Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer 25- 35k (Galway)
We are working with a highly successful global technology leader specialising in the medical device industry who are now looking to increase their Design team by sourcing 2 high calibre Mechanical Design Graduates. These key positions within the Design Services group will enable successful candidates to demonstrate their broad range of research & product development skills in a fast paced dynamic environment.
Scope of Role:
- Work on all elements of the Research & Development of projects from concept through to design. (All prototyping and pilot tooling facilities on site.)
- Implement leading and cutting edge technologies to provide the optimum design solution.
- Design of concepts and prototypes in advance of selecting the most promising solution.
- Carry out Design Freeze & Design Verification testing in accordance documented plans and protocols.
- Liaise with customers to optimise product design.
- Working on these exciting Research & Development projects the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with other cross functional team members and dovetail into all the different elements of taking a product from concept through to commercialization.
The ideal candidate:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline with minimum 1 yrs’ experience of working within a manufacturing environment (placement experience considered). Experience in design with fibre reinforced polymers or composite materials would be beneficial.
- Demonstrate product design and development experience, including experience of design review and quality procedures.
- Experience of compiling FMEA’s and conducting verifications and validations for products and processes.
- Experience with engineering tools such as DFMA, DOE and SPC, and ideally experience using Minitab.
- Experience of development of test methods and associated product testing.
These exciting new roles are brought about by business growth and will involve working on a wide variety of projects for global customers. Naturally the successful candidates will be exposed to international travel to facilitate on-site customer liaison and product testing.
Other additional benefits include relocation packages, flexible working hours and opportunity for professional training and development.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone Michael Neill (MEng) on 028 9448 3986 (Direct) or 07712 305358.
Key words: Graduate, Mechanical Design, Polymers, Plastics, R&D, Testing, Prototypes, Graduate Mechanical Design, Mechanical Design.Apply for this job.