Guest Service Agent
Guest Service Agent
Ibis Hotel, Queens Quarter, 75 University Street, Belfast, BT7 1HL
Guest Service Managers, Assistant Manager, General Manager
Rate of Pay:
National Minimum Wage (16-17 £3.87 18-20 £5.30 & 21+ £6.70 per hour)
Hours of Work:
Zero Hours (as rostered to meet the needs of the business)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience within a Guest Service Agent role
- 5 GCSEs at grade C and above to include English & Maths or equivalent
- Word Processing RSA/OCR Stage 2 or equivalent qualification
- Customer Service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring flexible working and a genuine willingness to help guests and colleagues in the hotel
- Experience within the hospitality industry
As a Guest Service Agent, you have the joint responsibilities of working within the Hotel Reception and Restaurant Areas. The reputation of the hotel rests to a large extent on the ability of you to satisfy its customers. You are expected to be well presented and to treat the customers in a friendly and professional manner.
To assist guests in all functions which take place in the Front of House area as detailed above.
· When Working at the Front Desk
- Greeting all guests and establishing how to be of assistance
- Checking guests in and out
- Pre-registering Priority Club Guests and providing a Priority check in
- Offering Priority Club membership to all non member guests
- Taking reservations through a manual reservation form and entering these into the Brilliant reservation system
- Preparing registration cards and back up for the next days arrivals
- Checking all reservations made via Holidex are in Brilliant (central reservations system and in house computer system respectively)
- Using a personal cash float and maintaining float at correct amount.
- Check and answer e- mails.
- Monitoring Guest Ledger balances and alerting guests if method of payment is not valid
- Taking cash, cheque or debit card payment on arrival along with a photocopy of guests photographic i.d. or a cash deposit
- For cash payers block off extra service in Brilliant, ie pay TV, telephone, restaurant
- Operating the Phillip Supervisor switch board and directing calls to the correct person, taking messages where required and ensuring these reach the intended recipient
- Providing business services to guests such as sending faxes and photocopying
- Complete the cash up at the end of the shift
· When serving in the Restaurant or Bar
- Using a personal cash float for all cash transactions, maintaining this float at the correct amount
- Following set cash up procedures as defined by in house accounts department
- Serving food and drinks to guests (in bar, restaurant & conference rooms)
- Ensuring all utensils used are always clean and free from chips and cracks.
- To have a knowledge of all food and beverages available.
- Clearing and resetting restaurant
- Clearing and refreshing conference rooms
- Setting up breakfast buffet to Holiday Inn Express standard
- Taking part in shift briefing sessions
- Responsible for:
- Following cash up procedures as detailed in training
- Maintaining individual float at correct amount
*The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list and you will be expected to comply with any reasonable requests or duties directed by management.
Apply for this job.