Guest Service Agent – Nights
GUEST SERVICE AGENT – NIGHTS
Holiday Inn, 40 Hope Street, Belfast, BT12 5EE
Front of House Manager, Assistant Manager, Duty Manager, General Manager
Rate of Pay:
£7.40 per hour
Hours of Work:
As per the needs of the business
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience within a Guest Service Agent role to include Reception and/or Food & Beverage Experience
- 5 GCSEs at grade C and above to include English & Maths or equivalent
- Customer Service skills
- High level of IT proficiency
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring flexible working and a genuine willingness to help guests and colleagues in the hotel
- Experience within the hospitality industry
- Proven experience with Front Office Management systems
- Experience within a Night Guest Service Agent role
To assist guests in all functions which take place in the Front of House area as detailed above
As a Night Guest Service Agent, you have the joint responsibilities of working within the Hotel Reception and Restaurant Areas. The reputation of the hotel rests to a large extent on the ability of you to satisfy its customers. You are expected to be well presented and to treat the customers in a friendly and professional manner.
When Working at the Front Desk
- Welcome the guest with full attention and a warm smile and greeting all guests and establishing how to be of assistance
- Checking guests in and out
- Enquire if guest would like assistance with luggage
- Hand guest key/key card and indicate room number in discreet fashion and indicate location of lifts and restaurant
- Pre-registering Priority Club Guests and providing a Priority check in
- Offering Priority Club membership to all non member guests
- Taking reservations through a manual reservation form and entering these into the Brilliant reservation system
- Preparing registration cards and back up for the next days arrivals
- Checking all reservations made via Holidex are in Brilliant (central reservations system and in house computer system respectively)
- Using a personal cash float and maintaining float at correct amount
- Check and answer e- mails
- Monitoring Guest Ledger balances and alerting guests if method of payment is not valid
- Taking cash, cheque or debit card payment on arrival along with a photocopy of guests photographic i.d. or a cash deposit
- For cash payers block off extra service in Brilliant, ie pay TV, telephone, restaurant
- Operating the Phillip Supervisor switch board and directing calls to the correct person, taking messages where required and ensuring these reach the intended recipient
- Providing business services to guests such as sending faxes and photocopying
- Complete the cash up at the end of the shift
- Ensure guest property left behind is passed to the Housekeeping department for lost property.
- Carry out company’s customer relation policy and communicate hotel services to guests.
- Wear clean, suitable uniform and name badge at all times.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming.
- Actively participate in any training and personnel exercises designed to improve standards and performance levels.
- Deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner ensuring guest satisfaction at all times seeking advice and guidance from Line Manager/Duty Manager as and when requried
- Upkeep of the equal opportunities policy to ensure that there is a neutral working environment.
- Work in accordance with standard procedures within each department.
- Keep staff/work areas tidy, safe and report any hazard, accident, loss or damage to management and observe all requirements under the health & safety at work legislation.
When serving within the Restaurant or Bar
- Using a personal cash float for all cash transactions, maintaining this float at the correct amount
- Following set cash up procedures as defined by in house accounts department
- Serving food and drinks to guests (in bar, restaurant & conference rooms)
- Ensuring all utensils used are always clean and free from chips and cracks.
- To have a knowledge of all food and beverages available.
- Clearing and resetting restaurant
- Clearing and refreshing conference rooms
- Setting up breakfast buffet to Days Hotel standard
- Taking part in shift briefing sessions
- Responsible for:
Following cash up procedures as detailed in training
Maintaining individual float at correct amount
Note: The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list and you will be expected to comply with any reasonable requests or duties directed by managementApply for this job.