Guest Service Agents Nights
Guest Service Agent Nights
Cordia Apartments, 355-367 Lisburn Road, Belfast, BT9 7EP
Rate of Pay:
£6.90 per hour
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience within a Guest Service Agent role
- 5 GCSEs at grade C and above to include English & Maths or equivalent
- Proven experience of hotel computerised front office systems
- Customer Service skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring flexible working and a genuine willingness to help guests and colleagues
- Experience within the hospitality industry
- Experience of working night shifts
As a Guest Service Agent, you have the responsibility of working within the Service Apartments Reception and other areas as and when required. The reputation of the Service Apartments rests to a large extent on the ability to satisfy its customers. You are expected to be well presented and to treat the customers in a friendly and professional manner.
Anticipate guest needs and deal with all guest enquiries in a pleasant, efficient manner, ensuring that the Front Desk operates in an efficient and organised manner.
- Greeting all guests and establishing how to be of assistance to them;
- Checking guests in and out, taking cash, cheque or debit card payment on arrival along with a photocopy of guests photographic i.d. or a cash deposit;
- Taking reservations and entering onto the BMS Property Management System in accordance with company policy in an efficient, courteous and professional manner and file all correspondence accordingly;
- Preparing registration cards and back up for the next day’s arrivals;
- Check and answer e- mails and faxes;
- Monitoring Guest Ledger balances and alerting guests if method of payment is not valid;
- For cash payers block off extra service in Winhms;
- Operating the switch board and directing calls to the correct person, taking messages when required and ensuring these reach the intended recipient;
- Providing business services to guests such as sending faxes and photocopying;
- Complete the cash up at the end of the shift;
- Using a personal cash float for all cash transactions and maintaining this float at the correct amount;
- Following set cash up procedures as defined by in house accounts department;
- Taking part in shift briefing sessions as required;
- Be familiar with sales and promotional activities and upsell at all opportunity;
- Wear clean, suitable attire and name badge at all times;
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming;
- Actively participate in any training and personnel exercises designed to improve standards and performance levels;
- Deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner ensuring guest satisfaction at all times;
- Upkeep of the equal opportunities policy to ensure that there is a neutral working environment;
- Work in accordance with the Company’s standards and procedures;
- Keep staff/work areas tidy, safe and report any hazard, accident, loss or damage to management and observe all requirements under the health & safety at work legislation.
*The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list and you will be expected to comply with any reasonable requests or duties directed by management.
Apply for this job.