Head of Financial Services
Head of Financial Services
Cpl are delighted to be recruiting for a Head of Financial Services on behalf of our client who are based in County Donegal and are a leading technology company, who provide their services globally. The Head of Financial Services, will become a member of the Senior Leadership team and have complete responsibility for the financial services function. This role will include travel to the US throughout the successful candidate’s tenure. Primary responsibilities will include strategy formation, direction and coordination of financial services leadership, internal control, business development, financial and statistical reporting, budget maintenance, and also to provide assistance and advice to other departments, programs and services.
- Lead the highly skilled multi-discipline Financial Services department.
- Direct the operations of the financial services department including managing and providing guidance to current leadership and staff.
- Develop / Maintain policies and procedures for financial services teams including Customer Service Level Agreements, which are built on a foundation of continuous improvement.
- Building and executing upon the service and business development strategies for the department.
- Maintain a consultative relationship with current leadership to provide relevant financial and statistical reports for their areas of responsibilities.
- Act as a resource for current leadership in the area of financial services management
- Ensure compliance and adherence to financial policies and procedures.
- Involved in the management of the functions required to ensure the quality and reliability of the information collected and used by the department / customer.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual business plan for the Financial Services Group and the company
- In collaboration with current Financial Services Leadership, coordinate the operating and capital budget process.
- Provide direction to current Financial Services Leadership to ensure that individual performance appraisals of direct and indirect Financial Services staff are completed according to company policy.
- Exceptional leadership skills are required along with minimum 10 years’ progressive leadership experience in financial services management, leading a multi-discipline financial services team, ideally for a US company.
- Full Professional Accountancy qualification
- Business / Accounting degree (MBA would be an advantage)
- Must have experience of Fund Accounting, Real estate Investments, Loan Servicing, Treasury and have had P&L accountability.
- Asset management and /or Insurance experience a must
- Previous leadership within Actuarial and Underwriting is an advantage
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles having broad knowledge of IFRS / GAAP within a financial services environment
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge in budget preparation process and budget management
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual abilities supported by strong financial accounting skills
The package will be negotiable and designed to attract the strongest candidate on the market.
For more information on this role or any other within Accountancy & Finance please contact Darrach on 02890725622 or apply directly below.Apply for this job.