Head of Financial Services
Our client, one of the largest employers in the North West is the contact centre and software development arm of a very well known US financial services firm. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a professional to be Head of their Financial Services Department.Candidate Manager –
Primary responsibilities will include strategy formation, direction and coordination of financial services leadership, internal control, business development, financial and statistical reporting, budget maintenance, and also to provide assistance and advice to other departments, programs and services.
The Head of Financial Services will continue to strengthen our culture of innovation and collaboration, and exceed client expectations through world class delivery.
This role will require significant levels of travel to the US – this will be around 25% in the first few years.
Reports to: Vice President – Professional Business Services (PBS)
Supervisory: All Financial Services Leadership
Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Accounting designation (Fully Qualified)
- Business / Accounting degree (MBA would be an advantage)
- Minimum 10 years’ progressive leadership experience in financial services management, leading a multi-discipline financial services team, ideally for a US company.
- Must have experience of Fund Accounting, Real estate Investments, Loan Servicing, Treasury and have had P&L accountability.
- Asset management and /or Insurance experience (Non Healthcare and P&C) a must
- Previous leadership within Actuarial and Underwriting is an advantage
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles having broad knowledge of
- IFRS / GAAP within a financial services environment
- MIS guidelines & MIS chart of accounts
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge in budget preparation process and budget management
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual abilities supported by strong financial
- accounting skill is required
- Ability to manage and facilitate
- Proven track record of building a productive and efficient team-based working environment
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing is essential
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships, both internal and external
- Proven track record in Financial services business development
- Proven track record in building innovate financial services capabilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the highly skilled multi-discipline Financial Services department.
- Direct the operations of the financial services department including managing and providing guidance to current leadership and staff.
- Develop / Maintain policies and procedures for financial services teams including Customer Service Level Agreements, which are built on a foundation of continuous improvement.
- Building and executing upon the service and business development strategies for the department.
- Maintain a consultative relationship with current leadership to provide relevant financial and statistical reports for their areas of responsibilities.
- Act as a resource for current leadership in the area of financial services management
- Ensure compliance and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Involved in the management of the functions required to ensure the quality and reliability of the information collected and used by the department / customer.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual business plan.
- In collaboration with current Financial Services Leadership, coordinate the operating and capital budget process in consultation with the Vice President of PBS
- Provide direction to current Financial Services Leadership to ensure that individual performance appraisals of direct and indirect Financial Services staff are completed.
If you would like further information regarding this role please contact Leanne on 028 71360070 in confidence.Apply for this job.