Head of HR
About this role:
- In this role, you will act as a strategic partner to middle and senior management across a large, complex, global organisation. You will work closely with the internal leadership team on the achievement of business results including, organisation design, and the full talent/people agenda.
- This role reports directly to the Director of Human Resources, with a reporting line to the Senior MD of the business, leading a team of 15 human resources professionals.
- The Head of Human Resources, is a strategic consultant to the business, working to make the organization and employees effective in achieving business objectives. The successful candidate will have deep expertise in all areas of HR and provide HR consulting to the senior management team. Please note that there is the potential for this role to get involved in a broader range of business issues (outside the field of HR).
- This role will direct and manage the HR activities for assigned staff, overseeing all HR operations while maintaining and improving existing programs. Analysing, developing and implementing new policies and programs within the business.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic human resources consultation in the development and implementation of people initiatives and programs with a focus on future organisational needs as well as current needs.
- Partner with senior leaders to plan/drive change, enhance organisational effectiveness, identify areas for improvement and develop/implement related strategies.
- Advice on all key HR-related disciplines (including organizational design, change management, employee relations, health and wellness, policy guidance and advice, talent and succession planning, and performance management).
- Set the strategic direction for a team of HR professionals, while managing their capacity and development.
- Actively engage and consult with senior leaders on business initiatives to identify areas of opportunity and solutions to business concerns. Serve as internal executive coach and trusted advisor to senior leaders.
- Partner with client groups in executing all cyclical processes such as annual compensation, performance management, succession management and Employee Engagement Survey analysis.
- Measure and evaluate the impact of HR solutions through measurement and metrics to enhance fact-based decision-making. Provide business and HR leaders with data analysis and insights to help shape people practices and policies.
- Focus on improving HR operating cost in servicing the business.
- A solid track record of achievement as a strategic HR business partner, advisor and consultant to senior executives.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to translate strategy into action.
Ability to analyse workforce trends and identify initiatives to drive organizational performance.
- Ability to translate business needs into human resources priorities and ensure alignment.
- Strong business acumen.
- Experience working in HR Consulting, Talent or Organisational Effectiveness.
- Experience handling complex employee relations and legal matters.
- Management experience required; managing a geographically dispersed HR team.
- Strong leadership, coaching and consensus building skills.
- Proven success operating in a dynamic and fast-paced, complex, high profile environment.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and facilitation skills. Strong executive presence.
- Successful track record of project management, relationship building, collaboration, problem solving and demonstrating sound judgment. A logical and analytical thinker.
- Educational degree required in Business, HR or related fields.
- Please note there will be travel requirements of up to 25% w3ithin this role
- Demonstrate the highest levels of ethics, values and integrity.
- Demonstrate high energy, resiliency, capacity and the ability to manage multiple priorities and make ongoing decisions.
- Must be a team player and be able to lead through influence, rather than authority only.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability. Needs to be fluid and effective as business conditions and organisational dynamics change.
- Needs to remain calm and thoughtful, yet decisive under pressure.
- A self-critical and disciplined approach, with a positive, constructive attitude toward managing.
- Adapts communications and style to meet colleagues’ needs and expresses information in a clear, direct way.
- Possesses the ability, experience and confidence to effectively manage change throughout the organisation.