Head of Marketing and Communications
Head of Marketing and Communications
The role may be based in either Belfast (with a salary of £49,802) or Dublin (with a salary of €65,500).
Christian Aid Ireland believes that everyone, regardless of faith or race, is entitled to live a full life, free from poverty. We believe the world can and must be changed so that there is equality, dignity and freedom for all. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our growing team and to make this change happen.
About the role
The Head of Marketing and Communications will develop and implement a communications strategy (to include digital), communications plans and campaigns designed to raise visibility, awareness and understanding of the organisation. A key purpose of the role is to support income generation through the provision of consistent and compelling communications.
The role holder will provide strategic leadership for all communications activities across Ireland and be responsible for brand management to ensure consistent communication of the organisation’s mission and values across all channels and to ensure that the integrity of the brand is maintained and promoted at all times.
This is a new role within the organisation. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Marketing and Communications is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and contributes to the strategic direction of Christian Aid Ireland. The role may be based in either Dublin or Belfast and will require co-ordination and working closely with other Senior Leadership Team members, specifically the Head of Fundraising, Head of Church Partnerships, Head of Advocacy and Policy and Head of Programme Development. This will mean regular visits to the Belfast or Dublin office, depending on where the role holder is based. There will also be travel to London and overseas occasionally. The role holder will be required to report and present to the Board of Trustees as and when required
The following is essential:
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent preferably in a related discipline such as Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications, brand management with demonstrated success
• Excellent communications skills, both written and oral with demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with the media
• Very good knowledge of all Ireland media (print, broadcast and online)
• Able to manage a heavy work schedule with competing priorities
• Strong creative, strategic and organisational skills
• Working knowledge of new media
• Demonstrated ability in managing and motivating a team
• Experience in developing and managing budgets for maximum use and efficiency
• Experience in managing external suppliers and agencies
• Good understanding of brand management, development and growing value in a brand.
• Able to work strategically without close supervision whilst being a key and supportive member of the Senior Leadership Team
• A committed and loyal individual, prepared to work the necessary hours to meet deadlines such as delivering communications at the time of a humanitarian crisis
• Ability to be proactive, flexible and adaptable is key
• Ability to generate original ideas
• Must be comfortable working for a faith based organisation
• Must be able and willing to travel overseas, occasionally in difficult circumstances
The following is desirable:
• Understanding of international affairs and development
• Understanding of the charity/not-for-profit sector
• Proficiency in Spanish and French is desirable
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
Tell us about a time when you had to apply a range of negotiating and influencing skills to secure agreement with a diverse group of people or stakeholders where there was little common ground?
• What was the situation? What was the particular challenge? Why were advanced skills needed?
• What was your specific role?
• What strategies did you employ? Why? How effective were they?
• What were the results? Did you secure agreement? If so, what was the critical factor?
Tell us about a time when you ensured that all of the objectives for your own unit, team or department were achieved on time and within budget
• What was the situation? What were the different objectives?
• What were your responsibilities?
• What actions did you take to ensure that all of your objectives were achieved? If there were any obstacles to this, how did you address them?
• What were the results? Were you successful? If so, how were you successful?
Striving for Improvement:
Please give us an example of when you encouraged other people to identify more creative and innovative solutions to problems
• What was the context? Why did you want to encourage this kind of creativity?
• What was your role/responsibility?
• What action(s) to offer this encouragement? Why and how did you do this?
• What were the results of your actions? What solutions to what problems were identified as a result of your encouragement?
Closing Date: 5pm Thursday 18 August 2016
Interview Date: Tuesday 30 August 2016
For further details and to apply PLEASE CLICK ON THE APPLY FOR THIS JOB BUTTONApply for this job.