Head of Veterinary Sales & Marketing
The Customer base consists of Vets, Merchants, Buying groups and Pharmacists in Ireland and the United Kingdom. The Irish Sales team is made up 6 Sales Representatives and a Manager, the UK Sales team has 7 Sales Representatives and a Manager and the Pet team has 7 Sales Representatives and a Manager. This role will also have a Marketing Executive as a direct report.
The position requires a candidate of exceptional calibre, with an extensive record of sales achievements and marketing of products in a progressive organisation. The candidate should have strong commercial and business acumen, ability to provide leadership and motivation to the Sales and Marketing Teams, and have the ambition to play a key role in achieving an aggressive growth plan for the Group
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and motivate high performing Sales and Marketing Teams in Ireland and United Kingdom ensuring delivery of sales targets, costs of sales, margins and new product launches.
- Manage and motivate high performing Pet Accessory Sales Team in Ireland and United Kingdom ensuring delivery of sales targets, costs of sales, margins and new product launches
- Develop veterinary strategies, plans, budgets and sales strategies to optimise growth and profitability for the Irish, UK and Pet markets
- Systematic Account Management of existing base of customers and targeting of new business opportunities.
- Develop Customer Service Level Improvement Plan
- Monitor Industry trends and competition using marketing intelligence to ensure cost competitiveness, gain market share and new business opportunities
- Develop and Improve the professional skills, efficiencies and performance of Sales and Marketing Teams
- Deliver against targets for revenue, margin, debtor days, stock days and other agreed objectives.
- Prepare and present financial performance of the Veterinary Business to the Board and Senior Management Team monthly.
- Champion the roll out of the CRM system- Salesforce across the Sales teams and ensure Salesforce becomes engrained in the day to day activities of the teams
- Specialist projects / assignments as required
- The successful candidate must have a strong background in marketing within the pharmaceutical sector (either veterinary or human) at senior level.
- You must have a proven track record of driving a sales and marketing team
- You will have the ability to drive a 5 year strategic plan and implement change
Please send your CV through the link or call Lyn on 02890 725619Apply for this job.