Health and Safety Manager
The Health and Safety Manager will ensure that advice and support is available for all business Unit Managers in order for them to fulfil their own responsibilities.
Policies and Procedures
- Ongoing development and implementation of improved Health and Safety practices, policies and procedures on the site.
- Enforce the effective operation of Safety and Health practices and policies in conjunction Business Unit Managers
- Develop and budget with the Site Manager effective Training policies for implementation on the site.
- Facilitate, support and advise the Site Risk Management teams. Chair the Site Safety meetings to update all business unit managers on developments at site level.
- Ensure all personnel are fully safety trained and competent for the role.
• Assist business unit Managers undertake Risk Assessments for all operations on site
- Review Risk Assessments on a regular basis.
- Implement Internal Audit processes at site level and measure performance and action planning.
Review and Assist
- A written safety report will be presented each month to the site manager for discussion with the Site H&S team identifying areas of risk, concern and recommendations for implementation on site.
- Undertake regular unscheduled Safety audits on the site to ensure compliance with Group policy.
- Enforce policy by identifying breaches and reporting to the site manager and the Group Health and Safety Manager
- Liaise with HSA and other outside agencies in relation to H&S matters including reporting, auditing and ensuring recommendations and guidelines are fully complied with.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) Meeting Reporting Deadlines %
- Meeting KPI’s as set out below which will be reviewed by the site Manager each Quarter reflecting achievement of agreed objectives and initiatives.
- Early reporting of all accidents and incidents followed by full reporting and preventative actions.
- Accident investigation and production of records and statements for Group accident Reporting system.
- Accident and absence validation with HR payroll on a weekly basis followed by a monthly report to the site manager on the identified trends and the effects of the absences.
- Continuous improvement planning following weekly audits and checking Housekeeping as part of the site 5S strategy.
- Analysing the Group monthly safety report and action planning for the site.
Key Competencies/ Requirements for the Role
Graduate qualification in Health and Safety would be desirable.
• Prior industry experience would be desirable
• Able to work on own initiative in busy environment
• Ability to challenge peers and managers
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy in reporting
• Prior experience in a food manufacturing would be advantageous
Apply for this job.