Health & Safety Manager – Ref JO2760
Health and Safety Manager
Job Ref. No.: JO2760
Salary Negotiable, Commensurate with Experience
Our client is a respected and successful market leading and well-established Construction Company with a reputation for delivering projects on time and to the highest possible standard. They have a very impressive portfolio of projects within the Commercial, Industrial, Healthcare, Educational, Pharmaceutical, Retail, & Leisure sectors. They have grown year on year and have a core ethos based on staff development, innovation and client satisfaction.
Due to continued growth and an increasing project portfolio, they wish to appoint a suitably experienced and qualified Health and Safety Manager for their main office in the Northwest.
The overall purpose of the job is responsibility for Health & Safety and key responsibilities will be to:
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, and report findings to site and head office
- Prepare Construction Stage Health & Safety Plans
- Generate and review Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Maintain and develop safety files on a project by project basis
- Provide Site Inductions and Tool-Box talks
- Collect and assess sub-contractor documentation
- Assume full responsibility for Health & Safety across all projects
- A relevant Diploma/Degree in Health & Safety
- Ideally 2-3 years relevant experience in a similar role with demonstrable ability in successfully managing all aspects of Health and Safety on site
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as project management
- Time management skills
- Decision making and analytical skills
- A high level of computer proficiency
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a strong sense of initiative and a “can do” attitude
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “Word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria. You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review.
All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert.
This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
As an organisation, Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.