Health & Safety Officer
Health and Safety Officer, Job Ref: JO2526
North West based role with onsite visits all over Ireland North & South
Full time Permanent role
Our client is a leading Irish Contractor working in Forestry Services who currently have a requirement for a Health & Safety Officer based in their operation in the North West.
Your role will be to coordinate the activities of the overall forest environment to ensure safety and health to include looking at the proposed work-site and the access to it and identify the location of hazards such as:
· Overhead power lines.
· Underground services.
· Areas of steep or particularly hazardous terrain (e.g. cliff edges, etc.).
· Areas of windblown or diseased trees.
· Mine shafts, etc.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
· Identify areas of increased risk.
· Carry out site safety inspections and site safety audits and action any issues that may arise
· Tool Box Talks, inductions etc.
· Ensure safety documentation is complete; safety training is up to date and valid for work carried out.
· Machinery is certified and relevant documentation is completed daily and weekly.
· Partake on audits and action audit reports.
· Develop site specific safety statements.
· Ensuring operators are competent.
· Update and review risk assessments on an ongoing basis.
· Manage accident and incident investigations and compile relevant reports.
· Job specific PPE is in place and records maintained.
· Protecting public safety and health.
· Attend meetings with clients and action any health and safety issues that may arise.
· Develop emergency plans and procedures, safe systems of work plans, permits to work.
· Compile environmental risk assessments and develop environmental management plans.
· Carry out environmental audits of sites and action any issues that may arise.
The ideal candidate will hold a recognised H&S qualification and have substantial recent experience in a similar role type.
You will display excellent interpersonal and communication skills coupled with excellent planning, organisational, teamwork and presentation skills.
You must have excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
You should have a full, clean driving licence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert.
This also means that sometimes a role may close / fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your CV to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their CV being released to a client.
As an organisation, Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.
Apply for this job.