Health Safety & Environmental Manager | Co Louth | €60 – €70k
Vickerstock are working in partnership with a leading multi-national food manufacturing organisation who have won a number of awards recently for excellence within their product range and standards achievement. They are seeking to appoint an experienced HSE Manager to their organisation to further develop and maintain the HSE Management Systems.
Health Safety & Environmental Manager: Overview
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing and managing the Health, Safety and Environmental Management systems to ensure that site operations achieve and excel in compliance and standards including ISO 14001, ISO 50001 and OHSAS 18001 and to FMCG requirements. There will be one direct report to the HSE Manager.
Health Safety & Environmental Manager: Duties
- Manage Irish and European Legislation and Guidance relating to Health, Safety and Environment issues within a fast paced FMCG food manufacturing environment
- Lead in the development of Health, Safety and Environmental systems of the Site and ensure the Company is in compliance with regulations.
- Drive the implementation of OHSAS18001 and internal Safety Process.
- To co-ordinate & drive forward the ISO 14001 & ISO50001 system in the plant & develop an annual plan for the plant with targets for each department.
- Construct and manage annual improvement plans for Health, Safety and Environmental matters and implement in conjunction with local management teams.
- Carry out internal auditing & inspection of the system to ensure to continuous improvement of the system.
- Liaise with relevant statutory bodies.
- Co-coordinating risk management process for site.
- Ensure KPI databases are kept up to date.
- Through your actions ensure compliance to safe working practices from implementation through to positive enforcement/re-enforcement both personally and with your team.
- To attend and support site H&S meetings and H&S Forum meetings, working with the site management team, site safety representatives and workforce managing safety and environment.
- To manage the SHE budget to include improvement projects linked to safety and environment.
- Be the H&S champion for project work and to ensure all new equipment, Contractors and visitors to site comply with legislation and audits are conducted to check compliance.
- To work with the group Insurance company and site regarding all visits and to manage any actions generated, to be the link between site and the insurance company
- To Build close working relationships with key contacts with the HSE and feedback monthly to the site.
Environment & Energy
- To drive the continual improvement of the environmental / Energy performance of the plant by carrying out regular audits on the system
- To initiate & drive key environment / energy projects based on our significant impact register which results in improving our environmental performance & are cost effective
- To deliver training & awareness on key environmental / energy issues to all levels.
- To manage any complaints that are made with regard to environmental performance.
- To run monthly environmental steering
- To ensure that the site is legally compliant in environmental legislation.
- To carry out waste contractor auditing
Health Safety & Environmental Manager: Essential Criteria
- Must hold a degree or equivalent third level qualification in Health and Safety or related HSE subject.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in Health and Safety
- Experience in Environmental Management.
- Knowledge and understanding of production processes in a FMCG environment.
- Financial and commercial understanding.
- Able to lead, motivate and develop a team.
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to interface with all departments on site and external contacts.
- Pro-active, independent and able to operate without reference to senior management
Salary: €60k – €70k + pension + bonus +perks
Consultant: Martin Sim
Ref: 894333AApply for this job.