HEALTH & SAFETY, ENVIRONMENTAL AND QUALITY MANAGER
I am currently recruiting a Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager. The candidate will be responsible for formalising and improving existing company systems, procedures and documentation in our Integrated Management System which covers the two disciplines.
The candidate will be responsible for the subsequent rollout and maintenance of this system across head office and site locations. Past experience of design and implementation of Health & Safety and Quality Management Systems in the Construction Industry and third level qualifications in Health and Safety Management are essential.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, Implementation and Maintenance of IMS, management of external third party accreditation of same (Safe-T-Cert, 18001, 9001 & 14001)
- Training company staff in use of system
- Monitoring compliance on all live construction sites, particular emphasis on Health & Safety Performance
- Carrying out regular audits across all sites and ensuring any issues arising are resolved
- Production of ongoing monthly compliance reports to inform company decision makers
- Production of Project specific documentation including Construction Stage Health, Safety Plans, Project Quality Management Plans, activity method statements, risk assessments etc.
- Attending meetings with Clients to discuss Health & Safety issues
- General oversight role to ensure all company operations are conducted in line with various policies and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Degree level qualification in HSE and/or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in Health and Safety, preferably within the construction industry
- Ability to interface with the Management Team and external stakeholders
- Pro-active, independent but able to give and take direction
- Proven people management skills and leadership qualities
- An ability to influence at all levels to achieve the best outcome for the organisation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint
For further information or to apply, please contact James Manley at Grafton Specialist Recrtuitment on 07977 500956 or 02890 323333.Apply for this job.