In House Legal Counsel (Dublin)
Your new company
A leading Cereal brand with HQ in Dublin is recruiting for a Marketing and Brands Lawyer to join their team, grow with their company and influence the business in all aspects of legal practice. This is an opportunity to work in an exciting global organisation. You’ll have the opportunity to shape the future of the company, and work on a variety of exciting projects to support the European business in their brand and marketing legal requirements.
Your new role
In this role you will be the Regional Specialist, delivering leadership and counsel on food law and regulation. You’ll work closely with the global team and take legal advice to the European business in the areas of privacy, advertising and promotion of food products and intellectual property. In return, you will be supported in your development with wide exposure to exciting activities. You’ll be the expert in all things marketing and advertising, and you’ll be leading the European business in support of brand legal activity. Reaching sound conclusions on opportunities to change will be a key point of your role; the business is looking for people who can look round corners’ and see future prospects! In addition to this, you’ll be closely collaborating with a number of key areas in the business, so driving dynamic relationships will be second nature for you. A flavour of the role is as follows:
- Review advertising, promotional materials and other communications to ensure compliance with applicable law/guidelines
- Work with Nutrition, Regulatory and Food Development Teams to drive compliance with applicable law as to ingredients, labelling, nutrient content claims, health claims
- Day-to-day advice on Privacy, Data Protection, EFSA policies, regulatory requirements, and food labelling issues
- Contribute to the Company’s expertise in food labelling and nutrition, including miss-branding / labelling, food additives, ingredient permissibility, health claims
- Monitor, track and advise businesses on new legislation, regulation or key issues arising out of relevant government agencies, including working with intellectual property colleagues in the US to co-ordinate clearance, prosecution, and enforcement
- Lead the company’s Europe’s Brands team, including the lawyer based in Manchester, and manage brands-related outside counsel as well as the team’s budget
What you’ll need to succeed
At this Company, they recruit the best people to help grow the business and build on their success. To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate experience in all or most of the following areas:
- A real focus towards, and evidence of legal knowledge in advertising, brand specialism and all things marketing
- Additional evidence of working closely with food law, intellectual property and e-commerce law
- Business Partnering – ability to partner with business teams by using sound legal judgment to develop creative and practical business solutions
- Communications – communicate clearly and succinctly with all levels in the business
- Improving Legal Processes – proactively review and improve legal processes to drive compliance
What you’ll get in return
An excellent salary up to 150,000 Euro is on offer plus bonus, car allowance, private health care and life assurance
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Please contact Patrick McDonald today If you would like more detail on this job or to have a confidential discussion on your legal career.
If you’re looking for a new legal opportunity in a specific location Hays have a strategic office network spanning Ireland and the UK and a team of over 30 specialist legal recruitment consultants that can assist you with your job search.