Our client, a leading Manufacturing company require an Industrial Chemist for a permanent role based at their site in Co Cavan.
The successful applicant will be able to:
- Conduct quality control tests.
- Maintain laboratory instruments to ensure proper working order and troubleshoot malfunctions when needed.
- Write technical papers or reports or prepare standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, or tests.
- Prepare test solutions, compounds, or reagents for laboratory personnel to conduct tests.
- Compile and analyse test information to determine process or equipment operating efficiency or to diagnose malfunctions.
- Analyse organic or inorganic compounds to determine chemical or physical properties, composition, structure, relationships, or reactions, using chromatography, spectroscopy, or spectrophotometry techniques.
- Evaluate laboratory safety procedures to ensure compliance with standards or to make improvements as needed.
- Induce changes in composition of substances by introducing heat, light, energy, or chemical catalysts for quantitative or qualitative analysis.
- Direct, coordinate, or advise personnel in test procedures for analysing components or physical properties of materials.
- Develop, improve, or customize products, equipment, formulas, processes, or analytical methods.
- Confer with scientists or engineers to conduct analyses of research projects, interpret test results, or develop nonstandard tests.
- Purchase laboratory supplies, such as chemicals, when supplies are low or near their expiration date.
- Study effects of various methods of processing, preserving, or packaging on composition or properties of foods.
- Degree educated or equivalent in Industrial Chemistry or a closely related discipline
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of Polymers is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective planning and organizational ability
- Computer literate
Hours of work:
- Mon – Fri 8am – 5pm
- Excellent Salary
- 20 holidays + 10 bank holidays
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you’re looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Una on 028 6632 3300 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.Apply for this job.