• Plan, control and monitor software development and software implementation projects
• Facilitate initial proposal meetings and ongoing discussions throughout the project lifecycle
• Complete work breakdown structure to estimate effort required for each task and identify when each task will be performed
• Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
• Act as a mediator between team members and stakeholders
• Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout the project life cycle
• Effectively manage project scope by ensuring that changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request forms
• Work with the project sponsor to provide initial and then detailed project estimates
• Prepare agenda for meetings, ensure that correct participants are included, and host meetings.
• Work with project sponsor to facilitate the project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverable, required resources, budget and timing
• Develop tools and best practices for project management and execution
• Prepare regular status updates and presentations for Project Sponsor and senior management.
• Coordinate project phases and tracks progress.
• Prepare project plans and liaise with participants of the project for updates.
• Track issues and risks and escalate as appropriate.
• Control and monitor project activities in accordance with our processes and project lifecycle.
• Work closely with external vendors as required.
Skills & Qualifications;
• Strong organizational and coordination skills are essential as is the ability to multitask and work with stakeholders in diverse locations.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and motivate peers and senior managers in partner organizations and to work across organizations to gain buy-in and build consensus to deliver on objectives
• Agile PM experience would be a bonus
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experienced in planning, controlling and monitoring projects to ensure projects are delivered on or within agreed schedules.
• Articulate, confident and assertive
• Experienced in managing software development projects and a working knowledge of the various software development methodologies would be an advantage.
• Process driven with a focus on quality and product delivery
• Experienced person with a proven track record operating at a senior level
• Strong customer focus with an ability to liaise and communicate effectively with business (non-IT) and technical stakeholders.
• Self-motivated with an ability to work in teams, meet tight deadlines and possess enthusiasm and a willingness to learn new disciplines.
• The ability to lead through influence and be a strong independent contributor.
• Demonstrated leadership and team management abilities
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Strategic, operational and technical management skills
• Flexible and be able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
• Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments
• Demonstrate a creative and innovative approach to technical solutions.
• The successful candidate should be willing to adapt their normal working hours as required to facilitate meetings with US colleagues.
• Third level degree in IT, or Business
• PMP, PRINCE2, Agile PM or ITIL certification would be an advantage.
• Experience or qualifications in CMMI, ISO or Six Sigma would be beneficial.
Frequent travel to the US for business may be required.
An up to date passport with at least 6 months to expiration is essential.