It services manager
MCS are currently working alongside an Irish owned multinational company with a turnover in excess of €1.8 billion and operations in over 50 countries throughout the world.
Reporting directly to the Group Director of IT, The IT Services Manager will manage the day-to-day IT Operations of the Group IT Services Centre based in Dunleer, Co Louth. A primary objective will be to provide a responsive and reliable IT Service, to agreed standards and service levels, to all internal customers and stakeholders – and external customers as appropriate.
- Managing day-to-day IT Service Delivery and Support activities;
- Line Management of First Line Technical Services Teams :
- Management of First Line Infrastructure Support Team;
- Management of ERP Helpdesk Team
- Manage Workload of ERP Analyst Programmer Team
- Overall responsibility for the management of the First-Line Technical Services teams with particular focus on: leadership, goal-setting, coaching/mentoring, training, appraisals, team building, team identity and working environment;
- Work closely with the Group Deputy IT Manager and Group Infrastructure Manager on tactical and operational planning including Project Proposals, Project Management, and Resource allocation and costing;
- Foreseeing, managing and troubleshooting any issues that may arise with the company’s IT systems;
- Developing and maintaining Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Operational Reporting to support the efficient and effective management of the Group’s IT Resources;
- A degree level qualification or higher in a relevant discipline.
- Recognised IT Service Management Qualification (ITIL or equivalent) at either Foundation, Practitioner or Manager level; or
- Recognised Project Management Qualification (e.g PRINCE II – Foundation / Practitioner / Professional)
Required Knowledge, Skills & experience
- Very strong technical competence with a minimum of five years’ experience working as a Senior System Administrator in a production environment;
- A minimum of three years of proven team leading or management experience managing a team of highly technical staff;
- Knowledge of project management procedures and methodologies;
- A current driver’s license and own transport is required.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Patricia McBride – IT & Digital Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456Apply for this job.