IT Systems Manager
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Manager to lead an evolution of our current DevOps and AppOps functions to become a combined TechOps service for their US Customer Office.
The successful candidate must have a strong track record in leading software development and delivery, a proven and successful track record in application support, incident and problem management and delivery focused leadership, will have the ability to inspire and lead a team to deliver DevOps & Service Management solutions across multiple digital platforms, while continuing to enhance the existing services and maintaining Service Level Agreements
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for the right individual. Strong communication, organizational and relationship management skills are a must. Candidates with a passion for change and the ability to develop strategy and lead others in the implementation of the same are encouraged to apply.
Summary of Duties:
Service Quality & Delivery
• Manage the delivery of services to exceed business targets and customer expectations
• Establish and maintain appropriate operating procedures that ensure compliance with internal control and other relevant company policies and practices.
• Develop and build business partnerships by analyzing, diagnosing and developing plans and a work programme aligned to the goals and objectives of the organization.
• Ensure our services meet the needs of the business in terms of quality and performance and adhere to defined SLA’s
Governance & Strategic Development
• Establish and maintain appropriate governance and control mechanisms and utilising trending metrics, ensure continuous improvement of the TechOps Services.
• Instigate and implement innovative and collaborative solutions which both enhance and establish a best in class value proposition for company DevOps and AppOps Services.
Staff & Resource Management
• Strong experience in managing teams, effecting change and challenging the norm.
• Experience in implementing change within teams whilst retaining buy in from the team through strong leadership and mentoring.
• Ensure efficient and effective staff resource scheduling and deployment
• Maintain a motivated group of employees who understand the overall business model
• Develop succession and career develop plans
• Administer Human Resources policies and procedures
Financial & Reporting
• Complete annual planning processes and requirements (e.g., Salary Planning, Capacity Planning, Department budgeting, etc)
• Publish periodic reports meeting corporate and customer requirements
• Provide effective communications to multiple management levels and internal customers
• An appreciation of DevOps concepts and experience of leading implementation of the same
• An appreciation of IT Service Management, specifically roles and responsibilities of the Release Manager, Incident Manager, Configuration Manager and Problem Management
• A strong ability to handle event management as it pertains to Incident Management (host and coordinate incident calls)
Personal Skills / Qualifications
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and motivate peers and senior managers in partner organizations.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience an IT management role
• Be articulate, confident and assertive.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Experienced in managing multiple large scale projects.
• Process driven with a focus on quality and product delivery.
• Demonstrate a proven track record of operating at a senior level either within Pramerica or elsewhere.
• Be a strong independent contributor and be able to manage and lead high performing teams.
• Be flexible and able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
• Demonstrate a creative and innovative approach to technical solutions.
• Experienced in introducing and implementing various software development and project management methodologies.
• Third level degree in IT or Business
• A recognized certification in IT Service Management
To apply please forward a copy of your CV via email or for further information please contact Leanne on 028 71360070.