Lab Technician – Quality
Purpose of role:
• To analyse and audit raw materials, the production process, plant environment and finished product quality to ensure food safety according to food safety legislation and company standards.
• Release of raw materials and finished product in conformance with microbiological specification to ensure customer satisfaction and requirements are met.
• To actively promote Hygiene awareness and improve hygiene standards in the factory and environment.
• Analysis of all raw ingredients, finished goods and environmental samples according to company and legislative requirements.
• Plan and organise effective and efficient analysis in order to meet customer requirements and financial constraints, ensuring availability of samples for planned analysis.
• Co-ordinate with external laboratories re sample testing and communication of results.
• Co-ordinate and provide technical support on results of analysis and communication of information
• Assist supervisors and the Dept. Manager to achieve departmental business standards and targets
• Implement, update and review laboratory procedures and update microbiological methods to maintain standards of microbiological analysis, which meet or exceed customer requirements.
• Responsible for microbiological release/quarantine on all finished goods and raw materials.
• Provide technical support to quality, production and sanitation to aid and improve food safety.
• Improve microbiological standards through challenge analysis both in-house, with external laboratories and suppliers.
• Maintain and calibrate equipment in the laboratory to carry out analysis.
• Maintain and implement schedules for environmental control (e.g. swabbing, audits, etc)
• Cost effective management of disposable, media and waste.
• Assist in the training of GMP, Hygiene and Housekeeping, Aseptic Sampling Technique and Company Induction’s..
• A degree or equivalent third level Microbiology/Food science qualification
• Competent technical knowledge of Food Microbiology, Food Science, HACCP, Quality Assurance, ISO and a thorough understanding of processing operation
• Good analytical skills and auditing experience
• Must be capable of making important decisions on behalf of the business
• Ability to communicate clear and concise information to all levels of management and work as an effective project team member.
• Highly committed and good initiative for improvements projects.
• Good time management, planning and organising skills.
• Ability to provide support and direction to internal and external team members.
Please send your CV to email@example.com or call Lyn on 02890 339968
Apply for this job.