Lead Specialist Platform Engineer
Abacus Professional Recruitment have been retained by a leading Fortune 500 Financial Services firm to recruit an experienced Lead Specialist Platform Engineer- DevOps Buildmaster. Our client is a financial services power house that has grown its operations in Letterkenny substantially over the last number of years. This area has noticed a significant rise in inward investment and our client has played a significant part in that with close to a £billion investment in the area and more to come.
The successful candidate will be passionate about Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, with a strong desire and skill for identifying opportunities to remove waste and inefficiencies in the Software development lifecycle. Responsibilities will include, increasing the efficiency of development, testing, and product release processes. To excel in this position you must be passionate about software quality and be prepared to advocate on behalf of good process and best practices.
The Role in brief:
- Develop and maintain our build automation process
- Develop and maintain our product installation tools
- Develop and maintain our configuration management system
- Set up and configure testing environments across multiple platforms and operating systems
- Provide configuration management expertise to the Product Development team
- Working closely with engineering teams to understand the build/integration requirements and design and implement a continuous delivery infrastructure for current platform as well as the next generation platform.
- Leading the build and integration team to design the infrastructure which includes automatically building the software, performing smoke testing, deploying to test systems, kicking off automated testing, and deploying to targeted test and staging systems.
- Overseeing build and automation tool selection and implementation.
- Assisting with the management of environments to ensure proper configuration for testing.
- Maintaining, extending and creating custom build tools.
- Maintaining and extending CI facility, including continuous build and smoke test tools.
Maintaining existing and creating new automated debugging facilities.
- Expertise with a variety of build, release and management packages and processes such as Serena Dimensions, PVCS, SVN, Hudson, Jenkins, IBM PureFlex, IBM PureApp and Cruise Control.
- Experience with build automation tools (CA Lisa Release, Jenkins/Hudson).
- Expert knowledge of build, release and configuration management practices, including branch-based development and patch-oriented work flows.
- Passionate about staying current on trends and best practices in build and release management.
- Proficient with UNIX and Windows system administration.
- Strong scripting and automation skills including shell and one or more of Perl, Python, bash, PHP, or a similar language.
- Experience with building or generating installers for MS Windows and/or UNIX.
- Working knowledge of high level software development facilities/utilities: source code management, bug tracking, virtual machine environments.
- Experience with C, C++, .net, COBOL and Java development projects.
- Team player, strong commitment to customer service, tenacious problem solver.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a build, release and tools role.
- BSc in Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
For more information on this role, including a detailed job description, please contact Simon Deller on 02890313157 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job not for you? Don’t worry we have plenty more on our website! Have a look for yourself at www.abacus.jobs
Living away from NI and thinking of relocating back? Belfast is thriving with optimism, investment and jobs so find out about local career opportunities. We are hosting webinars with video interviews of Executives from many leading companies within Accountancy, Finance, IT, Analytics and Legal sectors. Search belfastforlife or contact Abacus for information about the webinars and major social event in Belfast.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this job. Talk to us about your career and find advice, videos and jobs on www.abacus.jobs or via Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Google+. Applications that match the relevant criteria will generate a priority response.
Abacus is a multi award-winning specialist recruitment agency based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Established in 2003, our qualified team has more than 90 years’ experience and manage permanent, contract and temporary jobs with leading employers and new entrant firms within the markets of ICT, Legal, Accountancy, Sales, Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, Analytics, HR, Marketing and Engineering. Abacus is an Investor in People (IIP) employer and holds the REC Gold Audit for Recruitment Excellence. Abacus operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, political opinion, religious belief, marital status, age or disability.Apply for this job.