Lead Virtualisation Engineer
Lead Virtualisation Engineer
Derry / Londonderry
£35000 – £40000 + Bonus + Benefits
This award winning Belfast organisation have an opportunity for a Lead Virtualisation Engineer. the virtualization team is to provide a platform that will enable the company to rapidly develop and deploy new products and services that leverage our technology assets and process knowledge to enable business growth while optimize the consumption of computing power.
With responsibility for the design, engineering and delivery of virtualized hosting solutions on a centralized platform for the technology Enterprise, the teams remit covers all infrastructure components and related processes to support the platform.
Lead Virtualisation Responsibilities
- Support a large farm of Windows and Linux servers hosted on VMware vSphere 5.5.
- Support internal enterprise users worldwide, including troubleshooting and problem resolution for operating system and hardware issues.
- Build strong, positive relationships with internal team members, as well as engineering teams.
- Support and enhance an agile work environment.
- Automate common tasks and innovate delivery of the virtualized services that satisfies a diverse range of internal customers
- Actively contribute to the development and delivery of a virtualization strategy that supports IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Act as a point of contact for the Platform Engineering team.
As a Senior Engineer the successful candidate will provide consulting services to clients across the Enterprise, with the ability to understand and assimilate complex cross-discipline, and cross-technology concepts and processes.
If you are an experienced virtualization engineer with the ability and desire to become a technical leader this could be the role for you!
- A Third Level Degree in IT or similar
- A minimum of 5 years direct experience working on VMware vSphere specifically in the installation, configuration, patching, maintenance, upgrade and administration of a virtualization infrastructure.
- Applicants must have experience in managing and administering a virtual infrastructure with a minimum footprint of 1000 virtual machines.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with basic administration of Windows 2008 and above and Red Hat Linux v5 and above servers.
- A minimum of 2 Year experience with Virtualization Capacity Management.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the following technologies:
- ESXi 5.5 and above
- vCenter 5.5 and above
- Experience with basic administration of Windows and/or Red Hat Linux servers
- Server hardware administration experience – HP Bladesystem, Cisco UCS, Dell, etc.
- Cluster Builds (Design/Deployment)
- Storage – SAN/NAS/DAS
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.
- Certification as VMware Certified Professional – i.e. Datacentre Virtualization
- 2 year experience in a managed services environment
- 1 year automation using a technology such as Puppet/Ansible/Chef
- 1 Year experience of scripting Rest calls.
- Familiarity with emerging converged and/or hyper-converged infrastructure technologies
- Experience training others in a scripting language such as Python/Ruby/Perl/Powershell
- 6 Months experience of working with the Hybrid Cloud
To apply for the role of Lead Virtualisation Engineer please click apply through the website. For further information on this Lead Virtualisation Engineer position please contact Chris CPL Jobs Ireland on 028 90 72 5621. You may have found this position searching for the following related terms: Virtualisation, VMware, vSphere, ESX, VCenter, Windows, Linux, Redhat, Support engineer, systems administratorApply for this job.