Logistics Manager – JO2770
Salary Circa €40-€45K DOE
This company is an extremely successful and rapidly expanding Manufacturing Facility with a client portfolio that stretches worldwide. They produce bespoke and innovative products for clients across many sectors. They wish to make a key appointment urgently and invite applications from suitably experienced candidates.
To manage in an efficient and cost-effective way the receipt, storage and distribution of Raw Materials, WIP and Finished Goods. The responsibility encompasses all transactions with Material Suppliers, Production Departments, Transport Providers and Customers. The successful candidate will report to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for all Stores/Warehouse & Logistics Assistant.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to Company and Statutory safety requirements, ensuring all activities are carried out in a safe and responsible manner to protect self and others
- Ensure all Equipment and Facilities are treated with due respect including the maintenance of Housekeeping standards at the highest possible levels in all areas and aspects of responsibility
- Liaise with Planning Manager to ensure that all materials requirements arrive at their destination in an efficient and timely manner, ensuring Production requirements are never delayed due to material availability
- Liaise directly with Production to provide the necessary transport arrangements ensuring the efficient removal of Finished Goods and RTS materials from the Production areas to FG storage, Stock locations or onward to meet Customer demand
- Identify and implement best practice strategies for the receipt, storage and distribution of materials and products, ensuring that corporate requirements are adhered to fully
- Using SYSPRO Systems ensure all material transactions are carried out in line with procedural requirements ensuring the integrity of Inventory levels in line with physical stock levels
- Carry out routine (monthly) Stock Checks in line with Financial requirements, set up cycle counts for stocks exhibiting variation or high value
- Ensure all materials have accurate records of identification, quantity, location and status. Ensuring appropriate controls exist to manage unapproved, non-conforming and Trial Materials
- Manage all costs associated with the Logistics Department, identify areas of opportunity for cost reduction including Labour and Transport
- Ensure all Employee Relations matters are dealt with promptly and in a fair and equitable way, in line with employment law and using the guidance of the HR function
- Report immediately to your Manager any aspect of your work, role or responsibilities which may be a cause of concern to Management
- Carry out all other reasonable requests as directed by your Manager or his designate
- The ideal candidate will have suitable relevant experience and qualification or demonstrate an aptitude for the role though preference will be given to those with formal planning and logistics experience in a past role
- A 3rd level relevant qualification is desirable
- You should also have excellent PC skills, the ability to analyse reports and pick out specific detail and be able to demonstrate you can work to deadlines and manage self to achieve this
- Again, preference will be given to those familiar with similar ERP systems who can run reports and analyse data
- You should have good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “Word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert.
This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.