Maintenance Technician with Administration Duties
Job Description for Maintenance Technician with Admin duties
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Technician with Admin duties
REPORTS TO: General Manager / Estate Manager
LOCATION: Holiday Inn Express, 106A University Street, Belfast, BT7 1HP
Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel. And to complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis. Maintaining records of any works and checks.
Continually work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to guests, other departments and fellow staffs.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Responsible for maintaining, scheduling and recording preventive hotel maintenance plan like turn around mattress, descaling shower heads, weekly & monthly fire safety equipment checks etc.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests.
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and boiler systems.
- Communicate, order & facilitate any work require to be done by outside contractor or supplier.
- Check for new maintenance requests from maintenance book and update remarks once the task is completed.
- Update the maintenance work order form in purchase control card and keep track of spending compare to monthly budget.
- Ability to interpret readings from meters & gauges and other measuring units.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure situations and exercise good judgements.
- Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
- Ability to ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
- Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals.
- Preform maintenance activities in the guest room & public & staff areas like painting, repairing walls, plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners / HVACand AC ducts.
- Program TV’s and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
- To clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- To operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
- To be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
- To monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
- Carry out specific oral and written instructions.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by General Manager and Estate Manager.
- Train and instruct other members of the staff through sharing of knowledge and skills.
To be able to work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organised. Ability to multi-task in busy environment and adheres to hotel the Standard Operating Procedures.
Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience in a similar role with a good understanding of English, both written and oral.Apply for this job.