SALARY: €30-€40k, commensurate with experience.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
- Under the general guidance of the Directors assess, evaluate and ensure that long-term and short-term goals of the operation are met.
- To direct and manage all operational activities to maximise product revenue, profitability and quality goals by providing quality service and products to customers.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements and evaluates the general business plan and marketing and sales initiatives to ensure optimum customer satisfaction, sales maximisation and profitability.
- Conducts weekly audits of the environment to include bakery and kitchen. Recommends better operational practises, procedures and concepts.
- Ensure the premises are kept in the best condition, and recommends preventive maintenance to the Directors where needed.
- Randomly inspects all areas of the business on a daily basis to ensure HACCP compliance and facilities and equipment are clean, well maintained and replaced if necessary.
- Audits all services and quality on a daily basis and develops and implements action plans to address service shortcomings.
- Utilises leadership skills and motivation to maximise Team Member productivity and satisfaction.
- Minimises spoilage, waste and overproduction.
- Is proficient in all customer facing procedures to be a resource when needed.
- Ensure Chef and Baker maintain an updated recipe file for all product items to include actual cost/gross margin and allergens list.
- Develops and maintains systems to ensure customer satisfaction and service improvements. Works pro-actively to minimise complaints.
- Attends meetings and training as required by the Directors.
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to the business.
- Participates in development of promotional programs and campaigns to increase market awareness and penetration.
- Plans and co-ordinates product packages/offerings with Chef and Bakers in line with demand.
- Manages and co-ordinates pricing and preparation of products taking the following into consideration: local requirements, market needs, competition, trends, potential costs and labour costs, availability of products, merchandising and promotions.
- Attends trade and/or catering fairs and conferences regularly to develop industry knowledge.
- Monitors industry trends and recommends appropriate action to maintain the competitive status and profitability.
- Monitors competitions’ pricing and menus.
- Participates in preparation of annual budget in consultation with Directors.
- Monitors product sales on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and as required.
- Controls and analyses costs on an ongoing basis to include labour costs percentage, supplier costs and portion control; takes action to control negative deviation.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Screens, interviews and selects potential Team Members.
- Identifies on-the-job and external training needs throughout the operation, and makes sure team members receive training, including skills training to provide consistent, reliable service.
- Checks that staff meets and exceeds customer expectations by training and encouraging staff to provide a positive customer experience.
- Identifies Team Members with potential for promotion and/or transfer and makes appropriate development plans for him or her.
- Guides Supervisors and persons responsible and works closely with Directors on the Human Resources related tasks.
- Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct of Team Members is maintained by all.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal communications, including daily meetings with Team Members and Supervisors, to ensure optimum team work and productivity.
- Conducts monthly meetings with all Team Members present.
- Roster management in line with labour cost targets.
- Ensures all Team Members receive their legally required rest periods daily, weekly and annually.
- Ensures all Team Members take their full annual leave entitlement and lieu time by 31 December each year.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Fully understands the business fire and emergency procedures.
- Ensures that health and safety and emergency procedures are practised in line with laws and regulations.
- Ensures that Team Members work in a safe manner.
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and either corrects them or takes action to prevent them from happening.
- Manages HACCP system to ensure compliance and accurate record keeping.
LAWS, REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
- Monitors and makes sure the outlet follows all applicable laws.
- Informs staff of applicable laws and limitations within policies and procedures.
- Has a passion for great coffee, tea and home made foods.
- Sees and believes in the trend and concept of GAP.
- Has a minimum of three years management experience.
- Has strong emotional intelligence and in turn has an ability to nurture, develop and retain a strong team.
- Innovative – develops and likes trying out new ideas. Ability to contribute to the development of appropriate new products and brand concepts, to include product offering and other retail lines.
- Has a strong commercial awareness.
- Self-driven and proactive with strong attention to detail.
Interested applicants please submit your CV via the APPLY BUTTON.Apply for this job.