Maternity cover- Quality Assurance Manager
The role is an integral part of the middle management team, reporting to the Technical Manager and is responsible for the site Food Safety and Quality Management System.
Reporting to – The Technical Manager
Direct team of 10 Quality team members comprising of: QA Shift Supervisors, Internal Auditor, Raw Material and Factory inspection/ laboratory staff and Customer service coordinator.
- Protecting the clients brands and their customers brands reputation
- Ensuring all third party audits are achieved including BRC, AIB, retailer unannounced audits etc.
- Ongoing development of the quality systems for the factory
- Ensure the factory is compliant with all relevant food safety legislation liaising with the local authorities for Food safety.
- Manage the technical relationship with key customers including private label retailers, business to business customers etc.
- Manage the technical aspects of supplier management – supply approvals, specification management, non-conformances etc. This also includes centrally managed supply and the intercompany suppliers within Intersnack
- Weekly and monthly reporting of quality performance to the management teams
- Training and development of the quality and wider production teams
- Manage within the agreed QA budgets for their produce
- Management of the food safety aspects of Capital Projects
- Contribute to a successful manufacturing operations team
Key Performance Indicators
- Audit scores from customers and International Standards agencies
- Consumer complaint levels and costs
- First time quality performance
- Adherence to Gold Standard specification
- Adherence to budgets
- Delivery of projects to meet performance criteria
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Third level Degree or Diploma in a related Scientific discipline
- Minimum of 5 years technical management experience in a large organisation
- More than 10 years experience in the Food or FMCG Industry
Contract Duration – June 2016 for 12 months
Please send your CV through the link or call Lyn on 02890 339968