Mechanical Design Engineer
Hays engineering are delighted to working with a well-known manufacturer in Galway in the recruitment of one Senior and one Junior design engineer from a mechanical bias. Working within the medical devices industry, the business is a leading name in cardiovascular and renal equipment, supplying products globally and designing and manufacturing from their Galway site. These positions have arisen due to an increase in product range and investments in research and development of innovative new products.
Your new role
Working with an established team of design engineers, you will work on all elements of the Research & Development of projects from concept generation through to design verification.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Project Manager the development of intellectual property generated through the Research & Development activities.
- Implement leading and cutting edge technologies to provide the optimum design solution.
- Design of concepts and prototypes in advance of selecting the most promising solution to take into Design Freeze.
- Carry out Design Freeze & Design Verification testing in accordance documented plans and protocols.
- Support the Project Manager in liaison with network of Key Opinion Leaders to provide clinically relevant feedback on product designs.
- Liaise with the customer to optimise product design.
What you’ll need to succeed
- An engineering degree or equivalent, preferably a 2:1 classification or higher
- 3+ year’s industry experience in a medical product development environment, for the senior post OR a years placement in a mechanical discipline for the junior post
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- product design and development experience, including experience of design review and quality procedures.
- Experience of compiling FMEA’s and conducting verifications and validations for medical devices products and processes.
- Experience with engineering tools such as Design of experiments and SPC, and ideally experience using Minitab.
- Experience of development of test methods and associated product testing.
- Understanding of polymer materials and selection in medical device design would be an advantage.
What you’ll get in return
These are strategic positions within the design group and will enable the successful individuals to demonstrate their broad range of research & development skills in a fast paced dynamic environment. In working on these exciting Research & Development projects the successful incumbents will have the opportunity to work with other cross functional team members and dovetail into all the different elements of taking a product from concept through to commercialization. You’ll be offered a competitive salary, abundant learning opportunities in a conducive environment and an excellent benefits package and targeted career progression.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.