Mechanical Design Engineer (40-50k)
TechMet have been retained to source a talented Mechanical Design Engineer for a global medical device manufacturer based in Galway. Worldwide, our client employs over 72,000 staff and have extensive expertise in mechanical design, electronics and sensor technologies.
This position requires a candidate with significant product development experience and who will be comfortable leading and developing a team to develop new and innovative products.
- Lead and be an integral part of the team tasked with the development process from concept generation through to design verification.
- Lead the team to deliver in accordance with the project plan and deliver projects through key milestones and associated activities.
- Ensure the application of new and existing technologies to provide the optimum delivery system design.
- Participate in trials and provide relevant feedback on product designs.
- Provide technical feedback during frequent contact with customers both in Europe and world-wide.
- Compile project plans and lead team to develop products in accordance with budgets and timelines.
- An engineering, science or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s industry experience in a medical product development environment with a proven track record of leading teams in device development.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 & FDA 21 CFR Part 820 Design Control requirements.
- Proven experience in leading teams performing FMEA’s, verifications and validations for medical devices products and processes. Knowledge and experience with Medical Device sterilisation processes, specifically gamma and EtO sterilisation.
- 3D modelling experience.
- Working knowledge of biocompatible metal and/or polymer materials would be advantageous.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please telephone Michael Neill (MEng) on 028 9448 3986 (Direct) or 07712 305358.
Key words: Mechanical Design Engineer, Design Engineer, R&D, Projects, Mechanical, Design, Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Polymers, 3D, Design, Mechanical Design Engineer.Apply for this job.