MS Access Database Analyst/Developer
Abacus Professional Recruitment have been retained by a leading Fortune 500 Financial Services firm to recruit an MS Access Database Analyst/Developer (VBA). Our client is a financial services power house that has grown its operations in Letterkenny substantially over the last number of years. This area has noticed a significant rise in inward investment and our client has played a significant part in that with close to a £billion investment in the area and more to come.
The successful candidate will also support related annual compensation processes together with the ongoing analysing and evaluating of data across the various HR Compensation systems and Access databases. Execute reoccurring and scheduled tasks; conduct file and data transmissions, ensure process and data integrity, institute controls and produce complex reports and analysis as needed.
The Role in brief:
- Execute critical tasks in support of executive, equity and compensation processes such as the annual and off cycle grants, quarterly dividends, restricted stock release, quarterly stock purchases, termination processing, complex taxation scenarios and the expensing of stock awards.
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of the data transmission including collecting data, scheduling transmission, reviewing control reports and resolving errors/data anomalies.
- Monitor and quality review eligibility, enrolment, and purchase and disposition files for the quarterly employee stock purchase plan process.
- Execute complex file imports & extracts including various manual inputs in multiple Access databases.
- Produce complex reports, analyses and calculations.
- Provide technical reporting solutions and tools to the business partner using MS Access & Excel.
- Analyse and institute necessary process modifications / controls related to new regulatory requirements and plan changes.
- Compile, track and quality review expense data, and act as a direct contact to finance/accounting team.
- Support broader Compensation processes as needed, such as converting annual recommendations into equity awards amounts and ensuring critical data variables are updated in calculation tools / databases.
- Act as effective team member within the group and assist other colleagues as appropriate.
- Manage and deliver work requests and provide appropriate responses and updates on progress to team lead, team members and business partners.
- The ideal candidate is someone who can work independently, demonstrating a high level of confidentiality, accuracy and attention to detail. Someone who is capable of providing administrative process support, reporting support, data analysis and analytical insights.
- Must be an expert user of MS Access databases and MS Excel, with a strong understanding of data reporting, and experience in VBA & SQL programming.
- BA/BS or equivalent required.
• 5-7 years of relevant experience.
• Strong analytical thinking, attention to detail and customer focus.
• Ability to multi-task and manage priorities with little supervision.
• Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to adapt to frequent change.
• Proven ability to work well with technical and non-technical staff.
• Proven ability to work independently on multiple tasks with commitment and willingness to see issues through to resolution.
• Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills as Analysts front many critical discussions across the business.
• Advanced level in Microsoft Access and Excel with VBA and SQL programming experience.
• Experience in development of various reporting solutions.
For more information on this role, including a detailed job description, please contact Damian Farrell on 02890313157 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job not for you? Don’t worry we have plenty more on our website! Have a look for yourself at www.abacus.jobs
Living away from NI and thinking of relocating back? Belfast is thriving with optimism, investment and jobs so find out about local career opportunities. We are hosting webinars with video interviews of Executives from many leading companies within Accountancy, Finance, IT, Analytics and Legal sectors. Search belfastforlife or contact Abacus for information about the webinars and major social event in Belfast.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this job. Talk to us about your career and find advice, videos and jobs on www.abacus.jobs or via Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Google+. Applications that match the relevant criteria will generate a priority response.
Abacus is a multi award-winning specialist recruitment agency based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Established in 2003, our qualified team has more than 90 years’ experience and manage permanent, contract and temporary jobs with leading employers and new entrant firms within the markets of ICT, Legal, Accountancy, Sales, Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, Analytics, HR, Marketing and Engineering. Abacus is an Investor in People (IIP) employer and holds the REC Gold Audit for Recruitment Excellence. Abacus operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, political opinion, religious belief, marital status, age or disability.Apply for this job.