National Account Manager
Represent the company in nominated key account to sell product at the appropriate margin to include profitable implementation of the company business plan across all product categories as well as profitable implementation of the brand plan.
- Forecasting – Responsibility for accurate forecasting pricing, margin, administration, set-up element to the business, for time periods required (weekly, monthly quarterly, etc) understand the shape of it and be able to deliver on forecasts.
- Account planning – Accountable for delivery of Account plans, planned promotions, listing commercials, facilitating the needs of the customer and our needs to an agreeable solution.
- Responsible for developing and driving profitability of the brand – playing a key role in the development of the range of the brand whilst analyzing brand share for each account and challenging the potential for growth within it.
- Managing and developing desired own label business. Source, win and maintain accounts, using relationships internally and externally to facilitate this process.
- Influencing and coaching the core team i.e. sales, marketing and category team primarily then utilizing logistics, finance, NPD/technical and site to meet the strategic plans.
- Strategic in their thinking and outlook in terms of looking outward past 6 months to 3 years regarding profit, volume and margin.
- General administration – recording and organisation of key documents for each account/process
- Engaging in the identification of risks and opportunities and problem solving and engaging with the team to find solutions to deliver and underpin the result required for the account/business and brand.
- Deliver the budgeted volume, NSV and margin for the nominated Customer.
- Identify and exploit additional opportunities within the customers that provide incremental volume, NSV, and margin for the business.
- Develop a Joint Business Plan that is aligned to growth plan.
- Customer investment plan to reflect a ‘more for more’ methodology.
- Work closely with Category Management team to lead frozen vision within nominated Customer.
- Deliver Brand share objectives aligned to brand strategy.
- Develop, implement and monitor cost effective promotional activity that drives sales growth and in- store visibility.
- Provide the business with demand forecasts by product group for fiscal year and a rolling 13 weeks.
- Work with Marketing colleagues to develop product Innovation and range extensions.
- To ensure all investment in the customer (promotions, LTA, etc) provides the necessary return and adheres to sign off procedure.
- To monitor all Volume, NSV and margin delivery of the reports, and provide management and action for variances.
The ideal candidate will be of graduate caliber with 3-5 years related experience in a Sales based role within the FMCG sector. They should have a proven track record and experience in managing complex Retail Customers – top 3, good financial awareness and capability (numerate) and excellent interpersonal and team working skills. They should be willing to adapt and continuously learn from others and have the ability to develop strong Customer relationships.
Please send your CV through the link or call Lyn on 02890 339968