.net Developer and Cognos
Abacus Professional Recruitment have been retained by a leading Fortune 500 Financial Services firm to recruit a strong .Net developer with Cognos.
Our client is a financial services power house that has grown its operations in Letterkenny substantially over the last number of years. This area has noticed a significant rise in inward investment and our client has played a significant part in that with close to a £billion investment in the area and more to come.
The Role in brief:
- Analyse and validate computer program specifications, submitting questions or requests for program logic changes in writing.
- Independently design and create program code that is structured, easily maintained, and conforms to department standards.
- Research user questions on program processing logic and calculations.
- Prepare test data for trial runs; perform thorough program and application testing.
- Maintain all compile jobs, code modules, and screens required to test programs and document requirements to move to production.
- Develop and maintain all documentation pertaining to a programming project.
- Provide clearly written application user guides for end users or system administrators.
- Communicate to the Sr. VP-Systems the status of all their projects to ensure projects are implemented correctly and in a timely manner.
- Comply with the department procedures manual, as well as, make suggestions for new standards and procedures.
- Evaluate the scope and impact of a programming change or enhancement on the entire system.
- Experience in Project management of .Net or Cognos projects.
- Maintaining Cognos reports and work on enhancements to existing reports or creating new reports based on business needs.
- Supporting team and end-users as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) through troubleshooting, recommending solutions and identifying opportunities to solve business problems through BI.
- Collaborating with the business on identifying the best way to present the data.
- Intimate knowledge of object oriented programming languages, including C#, .NET 4.0+, SQL.
- Deep knowledge of database systems including Oracle and Sql Server. Knowledge of Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Integrations Servers a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members, and management- along a wide spectrum of technical abilities.
- Ability to develop effective internal/external working relationships with both business units and vendors.
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management techniques and concepts, specifically Team Foundation Server.
- Experience planning and implementing the following technologies a plus: Test Driven Development, Entity Framework, and MVC.
- Experience planning and implementing the following vendor solutions a plus: ETL, Messaging, Data Warehouse/Data Mart, BI, and SharePoint.
- Relevant work experience in the Investments/Financial industry (FinTech) would be a distinct advantage.
- LOMA 357 Investments and/or CFA certification would also be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of best practices for dashboards and visualizations is required.
- Experienced with administrating and maintaining Cognos 104.
- Experienced with creating relational models using Cognos Framework Manager.
- Dashboard creation using Cognos Business Insight.
- Experienced with creating reports using Report Studio.
- Experience of working on business intelligence tools such as Cognos, Business Objects, SAS or Tableau on UNIX or Windows.
- Knowledge of designing and developing dashboards using Cognos for various organizational metrics and indicators, creating new reports and modifying existing reports using industry standards and best practices.
Educational Background/ExperienceBachelor Degree in Computer Science or IT related field
- 5+ years of experience in software development with .Net technologies and 2+ years of Cognos experience
For more information on this role, including a detailed job description, please contact Damian Farrell on 02890313157 or email your CV to email@example.com.
This job not for you? Don’t worry we have plenty more on our website! Have a look for yourself at www.abacus.jobs
Living away from NI and thinking of relocating back? Belfast is thriving with optimism, investment and jobs so find out about local career opportunities. We are hosting webinars with video interviews of Executives from many leading companies within Accountancy, Finance, IT, Analytics and Legal sectors. Search belfastforlife or contact Abacus for information about the webinars and major social event in Belfast.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this job. Talk to us about your career and find advice, videos and jobs on www.abacus.jobs or via Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Google+. Applications that match the relevant criteria will generate a priority response.
Abacus is a multi award-winning specialist recruitment agency based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Established in 2003, our qualified team has more than 90 years’ experience and manage permanent, contract and temporary jobs with leading employers and new entrant firms within the markets of ICT, Legal, Accountancy, Sales, Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, Analytics, HR, Marketing and Engineering. Abacus is an Investor in People (IIP) employer and holds the REC Gold Audit for Recruitment Excellence. Abacus operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, political opinion, religious belief, marital status, age or disability.Apply for this job.