New Business Development Manager
- Prospect and win new business with brand new prospects with no existing business.
- Identify customer needs, build compelling supply proposals and negotiate profitable agreements
- Continuously identify new opportunities
- Create long term relationships with our customers and manage the supply relationships together with internal CS resources
- Potentially managing relationships with specific existing accounts
- Identify, prospect and win new business in specified sectors, channels, accounts in line with business objectives
- Undertake launch initiatives / activities / promotions with new customers and their teams to successfully and profitably grow sales and beat sales budget.
- Work with prospective customers or ones with relatively untapped potential and their teams to identify new opportunities within their business or their customer base to grow sales and profit of Huhtamaki products.
- Produce succinct and detailed prospect contact reports using salesforce.com.
- Identify and log all opportunities using salesforce.com.
- Ensure all stakeholders in Huhtamaki and in customers are identified and engaged to support profitable growth of Huhtamaki.
- Make compelling customer proposals using a structured approach to identifying the opportunity, sharing the idea / concept, making a specific proposal, and demonstrating the financial benefits to the customer
- Prepare negotiating strategy and tactics and undertake these with professionalism in order to secure the best deal for Huhtamaki and build long term customer relationships.
- Liaise regularly with Design, Planning, Customer Service to ensure all stakeholders understand and agree sales forecast, supply status and timescales on new developments and ongoing business
- Agree internally with Sales Director proposed customers trade terms and pricing based on detailed and confirmed customer specifications, forecasts, etc. Acquire and develop a complete knowledge of the company’s manufacturing process, its capabilities and capacity, the key variables used in producing a quotation for any requested product.
- Analyse sales trends and dynamics to identify areas of opportunity or threat and adopt appropriate plans to manage these.
- Understand commercial and logistical elements of pricing
- Control expenditure to maximise value for money and return on investment and ensure within agreed budgets.
- Continually positively contribute to increasing turnover and profitability within own portfolio and across wider business.
- Set and agree personal objectives and targets and monitor these with Sales Director on a quarterly basis.
- Update colleagues using weekly / monthly presentations to demonstrate good understanding of sales performance and set out personal priorities and action plan.
- Set, share and agree activity plans / calendar with customers and colleagues to drive sales.
- Continually review pricing with Sales Director and review with customer at appropriate times based on any significant movement in key variables and where possible maximise contribution.
- Continually drive Innovation by working with colleagues and customers
- All Ireland role will be focused on new customers – new business development
- Candidate can be based in North or South of Ireland as will be All Ireland field based. If Northern Ireland based – the successful candidate will be based at the Belfast office when not out on the field. If the candidate is Southern Ireland based – they will work from home when not out on the field.
- This is a description of the Role, as it is presently constituted, but is not an exhaustive list of roles and responsibilities. It is recognised such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility. Such variations are regarded as a common occurrence and cannot of themselves necessarily justify a re-grading of the post.