New Product Development Manager
Based in Co. Monaghan, our client is a leading and awell-established producer & retailer of high quality food products. Due to continued success and plans for significant growth, they have a requirement for a New Product Development Chef. The successful candidate will work as part of the Product Development team and will be responsible for the successful development and control of new and existing products. You will also have a remit to support staff development and understanding so they can better inform and engage with the consumer.
New Product Developer/Chef
The role in brief:
- Lead the Product Development team in the development, testing and production launch of new products
- Responsible for product & recipe design and ingredient set up
- Support the commercial and costing aspects of product development
- Responsible for commercial presentations and interacting with new customers
- Support the development of product specifications
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth handover to factory floor and production teams
The ideal candidate:
- Circa 4-5 years’ experience working as a chef
- Ideally experience in a New Product Development role with a passion for food and creative flair
- Level 2 HACCP and a good appreciation of retail standards
- An understanding of the importance of following procedures and a systematic approach (following and developing standard operating procedures, quality standards etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent awareness of food safety and allergen awareness
- Proficient knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Excel, Word and Access.
- Flexibility to travel occasionally to visit various sites
A very competitive salary is available together with an opportunity to join a progressive employer who is planning for significant growth. To find out more and for a full specification, please submit a comprehensive CV, including your remuneration expectations through the link here. You may also call Conor MacNamara in confidence, on +44 (0)7968 160122 / 028 (048) 3025 2407 for further information.Apply for this job.