Responsible for the successful development and control of all new and existing products throughout our 25 Butchery Concession Counters, ensuring products are produced within the appropriate regulatory environment and to customer and company specifications.
- Responsible for development, testing and production launch of new products.
- Design new product lines to satisfy consumer demand while keeping the McGee’s ethos of good value for money and high quality product.
- Produce and update product recipes to meet appropriate specifications.
- Responsible for NPD commercial presentations and KPI’s.
- Responsible for costing of all products, both new and existing.
- Design of finished product specifications.
- Conduct factory trials ensuring an understanding of factory performance, including training requirements and resource allocation.
- Liaise with, and support of Technical Department for product specifications and support during production trials and commissioning.
- Liaise with Technical Department on all issues regarding product consistency, safety, quality and legislation.
- Understanding of label requirements and allergen control.
- Conduct shelf life trails and matching organoleptic testing’s.
- Source improved materials at best price to deliver product quality.
- Re-formulation of existing products and assessment of alternative materials and suppliers.
- Preparation and cooking of products for internal tasting sessions as well as co-ordinating external taste panels where appropriate.
- Conduct in-store sampling to understand customer feedback while promoting products to drive sales.
- Comply with all relevant food safety legislation.
- Responsible for NPD input into relevant Audits.
- Train staff on all current and new products including cooking tips.
- Work collaboratively with the Managers and support the General Manager in the delivery of key projects and initiatives.
- Act as a project team member on projects initiated by the General Manager.
- Other associated duties as appropriate.
Aptitude & Skills Required:
- You will be passionate about food with an understanding of the current market place.
- Have an understanding of a wide range of ingredients and their attributes as well as flavour
- You will be creative and be able to cook competently from scratch.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative preparing new product samples, coordinating new product trials and making suggestions to address issues.
- The ability to be self-motivated and engage effectively with the business, its customers & suppliers and all Managers and employees.
- Be able to demonstrate that they are a team player.
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail when completing documentation.
- Ability to write reports and understand documentation relevant to processes and procedures relating to food safety and management.
- Be methodical and analytical in interpreting trial results, costs and reports.
- Excellent communications skills and confident communicator in order to deal effectively with both internal and external customers and the ability to deal with people face to face at various levels.
- A proficient knowledge of computers i.e. Microsoft Excel/ Word and have the ability to type letters, emails labels on behalf of the NPD department; to maintain product progress records.
- Attention to detail when following and formulating recipes.
- Excellent time management skills with a proactive approach.
- Delivering exceptional customer service for Customers, Suppliers and all staff.
Specific Skill Requirements
– Chef Qualification with at least 5 years Chefs experience
– Level 2 HACCP
– Level 1 or 2 Food Safety & Hygiene qualification
– Clean UK/EU driving licence
– Degree or HND in a food related discipline
– Level 3 Food Safety & Hygiene qualification
– Experience in the food industry
– Continuous Improvement;
– Innovative and creative approach to solving problems;
– Commercial astuteness;
– Management Information – managing and using systems for reporting and supporting strategy deployment around T&A, payroll, absence etc;
– Project management skills;
– Previous experience of working within a BRC accredited environment
– Understanding and appreciation of H&S guidelines and development procedures
– Strong working relationships with line managers are a key success factor in this role to build a high level of mutual trust of confidence which allows effective delivery of the NPD strategy and plan
– Able to demonstrate communication and influencing skills at a senior level
– Facilitation and presentation skills at a senior level
– Deliver on commitments & execute plans with excellence
– Able to travel to all McGee’s locations to fulfill the role
– Able to demonstrate ability to work on own initiative and manage their time effectively
Apply for this job.