NPD Manager | Meath
Vickerstock is working in partnership with a leading food manufacturing organisation who invest heavily in innovation and new product development. They are expanding their business and are undergoing a period of further growth and development and require a highly experienced New Product Development Manager to join their team.
NPD Manager Overview
The successful applicant will be responsible for New Product Development (NPD) projects from concept through to launch and also Existing Product Development (EPD), using Research, Technology and Innovation aimed at strategically moving the business forward to the front of the market.
NPD Manager Duties
- Development of concepts and new products for the business, including recipe and menu ideas
- Oversee the critical path process for all developments
- Chair and manage the operation of the NPD Funnel and Stage Gate processes.
- You will manage a team of five to six technologists; an important goal is to provide and oversee the execution of a development plan for each Food Technologist within the team.
- Product presentations to internal and external customers.
- Recipe and application development; preparation and distribution of product samples in a timely fashion to meet customer needs.
- Conduct line trials for new products and processes.
- Evaluate all product launches and oversee the handover to Technical and Production Colleagues.
- Participate in the evaluation of current products/processes and suggest improvements & implementation plans.
- To liaise with existing and potential new suppliers and your Purchasing Manager colleague to source ingredients, components and raw materials.
- Ensure specifications for new materials and components for all NPD / EPD projects are correct.
- Interact with the Technical team to ensure the checking and approval of labeling and packaging of new products.
- Coordinate organoleptic and microbiological shelf life analysis.
- Development of cooking instructions & nutritional analysis.
- To liaise with the Technical team to ensure that food safety quality and legislative requirements are achieved within the development process.
- Train internal expert taste panelists, to maintain and monitor the panel.
- Work with Sales and Marketing colleagues to use the R&D processes to grow company turnover and profitability.
- Develop new to world products which meet the company needs in accordance with business strategy.
- To maintain and develop an awareness of technological developments in processing and packaging which may be of relevance to the achievement of the business goals.
- Application of expertise in relevant disciplines (bakery, prepared foods, edible fats etc.) to the improvement of product quality and consistency.
- Apply innovation to the business in the bigger picture sense which embraces not only product and technology but which also includes the consumer, the market, ability to earn margin and other relevant considerations.
NPD Manager Essential Criteria
- You will hold a relevant 3rd level qualification in a Food Science or related subject
- You must have at least 5 years previous experience within an innovative organisation working in New Product Development and ideally as a Manager.
- Experience of managing projects from concept to launch is essential
- Ability to work to strict deadlines within a fast paced environment is important
- You must be passionate about a career within the food industry and be interested in food and the market.
Salary: Highly competitive salary and package up to €100k +
Consultant: Martin Sim
Ref: 894341MSApply for this job.