Operations Manager, Job Ref. JO2688
Salary: NEG, DOE
Our Client is a world-renowned manufacturer of tweed and linen hats, caps and accessories. The company does business all around the world – but most particularly in Ireland and the USA – selling to retailers of high quality clothing & gift/craft-wears.With their continuing growth, the steady improvement of operational performance is very important – to get the most from the company’s manufacturing facilities.Hence, the business is now seeking to employ a highly-motivated Operations Manager to join the team at their Co. Donegal facility.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for all of the day to day operations in the Company, and for management of the teams in each of the operational areas of the business. The successful candidate will report directly to the Directors of the Business, and will be responsible for driving operational performance – overall, and in the individual areas of operation.
The Operations Manager will also have the opportunity to make an input, with the senior team, to the strategy and overall direction/growth of the business.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The Operations Manager will:
- Primarily be responsible for assuring the smooth operation of all areas at the Company’s facility.
- Have responsibility to manage and control all day to day factory operations and ensure the factory is meeting target productivity/production measures, and running profitably.
- Be required to supervise all staff, including Manufacturing, Quality Control, Customer Service, Production Control, IT, Administration and Purchasing.
- Liaise with the marketing and sales team on order pipelines, present order status, and production planning/scheduling – and to analyse the capacity status of the factory.
- Be responsible for planning of production units: Production planning, material-planning and machinery planning.
- Create a plan and monitor the progress of manufacturing.
- Develop more efficient methods of production to decrease waste and increase production capabilities.
- Be responsible for Production Monitoring: follow up day to day production from each line and ensure that production units meet the production target.
- Liaise with the senior team on product costing and pricing.
- Be responsible for taking measures to reduce cost and increase efficiency – streamlining production processes and continuously strive towards minimising production costs.
- Develop standards to produce quality products at minimum alteration and repair costs.
- Monitor quantity and quality of products made, to ensure that order deadlines are made and company production standards are maintained.
- Adhere to budgets when making decisions about purchasing materials and paying workers overtime to meet deadlines, if required.
- Manage the production process, ensuring all orders are on schedule for dispatch on their quoted delivery dates.
- Deal with production issues if/when required.
- Deal with HR related issues directly with employees, such as absenteeism, bullying, time off, holidays, etc.
- Ensure Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to at all times on the factory floor.
- Assess and implement employee training needs.
- Be responsible for operational staff recruitment to ensure that only right personnel are employed in the company. (Note: Company policy is that hiring decisions should always involve more than one person).
- Hold weekly/monthly meetings with all supervisors and managers.
- Regularly and consistently report on operational activities to the senior team.
Please note that the above list may not be exhaustive and additional tasks may be added as the job evolves. Any additional tasks will be discussed before commencement.
- Have a third level qualification – this is likely to be in Business/Management (but this is not essential) – (Operational Management expertise may have been acquired through experience).
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ proven experience in a similar role, preferably in a factory environment, but not essential.
- Have excellent IT skills – Microsoft Suite; and a recognised financial management/reporting system.
- Be organised, methodical, numerical, and able to multi-task.
- Be solution orientated, highly motivated and adaptable.
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Have excellent team leadership and communication skills.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert.
This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your CV to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their CV being released to a client.
As an organisation, Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.