Our prestigious Client now require a Site Operations Manager to join their well established organisation. You will be responsible for overseeing and managing the operations within the manufacturing facility, which includes Production, Logistics, Planning, Inventory Management and Supply Chain. As part of the Senior Management Team you will contribute towards the achievement of the company’s strategic objectives and overall business
- Ensuring that products are manufactured correctly, cost effectively and delivered on time and in accordance with product specification and quality requirements
- Ensuring that the Continuous Improvement culture is embedded within the site
- Leading, Supporting and Developing your team of managers to achieve results and deliver on targets
- Developing and Implementing Performance metrics across the site
- Communicating clearly and regularly with all departments on performance metrics
- Managing the Inventory/Intake functions to ensure raw material is receipted, located, stored and transferred correctly and that the company’s stock inventory is accurate.
- Capacity Planning and workload scheduling, particularly for growth and expansion
- Production Control, leading the production management team to ensure operating procedures and processes are implemented, controlled and improved
- Working closely with the Technical and Quality departments to ensure the Food Safety and quality agenda is driven through the business
- Working Closely with Human Resources on Recruitment, People Management and Training and Development to ensure that manpower planning, succession planning and labour efficiency targets are delivered upon
- Liaising with 3rd Party transport companies to ensure we deliver on our commitments to customers
- Project Management, highlighting areas for improvement and leading projects to deliver these improvements
- Financial responsibility, working closely with the finance team to ensure that all work practices and operational processes are delivering in line with overall company financial targets
- Overall responsibility for Health and safety on the site
- Educated to HNC/HND/Degree level in Engineering and/or have a Six Sigma qualification.
- Possess a broad background in manufacturing with a wide range of knowledge on manufacturing and production processes, preferably food related.
- Have a good background in the implementation of an operational excellence programme, demonstrating the ability to use appropriate lean tools and techniques,
- Be able to drive a culture of continuous improvement and increase employee engagement.
- Have a working knowledge of stock management.
- Have a working knowledge of quality management.
- Have a working knowledge of health and safety best practice and legislation.
- Have a working knowledge of production planning & scheduling.
- Ability to build a high performance team who can operate efficiently, effectively, productively and cost effectively.
- Be personally energetic, dynamic, positive, enthusiastic and possess the ability to think laterally and act through reasoned decision making.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude to get things done and make things happen in order to achieve the aims of production and the business.
- The ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Have the experience and ability to implement and manage change throughout the business.
In return our Client will provide you with the opportunity to work at a company with genuine career progression opportunities and an attractive salary.
Interested? Please send your CV via the link provided or call Padraig on 028 9009 9211 for a confidential chatApply for this job.