Energis is currently recruiting a Packaging Engineer for our manufacturing client based in Drogheda. Due to increased demand for their product the company are going through a significant period of growth, and this is a new role which will report directly to the operations Manager. The successful applicant will work directly with the Production, Quality and NPD teams, focusing on design, construction and material usage.
- Work to improve the industrial techniques used in packaging
- Drive packaging processes to minimise waste and manages packaging development and improvement projects to meet client, company, and regulatory needs
- Control the interaction between each of the packaging elements and be able to integrate the various elements to provide a suitable pack design
- Remain current on packaging innovations throughout the industry and proliferates leading technologies within the company
- Review and approve product engineering change orders and packaging process changes, including labels specifications and packaging related content
- Consult with vendors in the development of packaging, establishing supplier quality standards and supplier audits as needed
- Maintain accurate and compliant documentation to meet Company, client, and regulatory expectations
- Drive processes to improve the quality, integrity and cost performance of each of the packaging designs used
- Develop systems to monitor and analyse line performance and initiate actions to avoid possible problems and maximise line reliability, robustness, availability and product quality
- Create Project Plans and organize resources to ensure project milestones are met within expectations of timeline, quality and budget
- Third level engineering qualification or related with previous relevant experience in packaging
- A minimum of 4 – 5 years experience within a FMCG / high speed manufacturing environment
- Experience of lean manufacturing or six sigma techniques
- Proven ability to balance multiple, competing priorities
- Excellent IT skills
Salary is in the region of €40 – 50k + bonus.
For further information or a confidential discussion please call us on +44 2890 826044 or email your CV through the link.
Apply for this job.