People and Development Manager
WHO WE ARE
McElhinney’s of Donegal is a family business that has grown from humble beginnings 45 years ago as a mobile shop selling the essentials in the Donegal countryside to becoming the largest independent department store in Ireland at over 90,000 square feet of retailing excellence. We have had recognition as industry leaders as winners of the Drapers Award for Department Store of the Year UK & Ireland 2014, Retail Excellence Ireland Ecommerce Website of the Year 2013 and Overall Retail Excellence Ireland Store of the Year 2012.
We are very much aware that our success comes from the excellence of our people living and breathing our exceptional customer service ethos every day. This is where you come in. We have big plans for the future and see this role as key to delivering the best experience possible to our customers.
The People & Development Manager will support the business strategy and help the business grow. They will lead and direct the function to deliver a comprehensive HR and learning and development service to the business. They will manage the people management functions that underpin the business culture. The broad areas include: communications, engagement and team building; learning & development; employee relations; recruitment and retention; HR administration; HR strategy; HR systems management; working with third parties; talent management and reward & recognition.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A professional and commercial approach to HR, with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction, appropriate development, progression and reward for individuals.
- Strong emotional intelligence to include superb communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles and ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the management team.
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture.
- Demonstrable experience in engagement, learning and development, performance management, reward and recognition or other relevant HR projects.
- Must have at least three years experience in a learning and development role including talent management and people development.
- Strong understanding of Irish employment law.
- Must hold a degree in a relevant discipline (Business/HR).
- Have a CIPD or equivalent qualification.
We offer you the chance to work as part of a dynamic team where the career prospects are excellent and a competitive remuneration package is on offer.
Please forward your letter of application and CV in strictest confidence
McElhinneys is an Equal Opportunities Employer
www.mcelhinneys.comApply for this job.