Market Leading Pharmacy Chain
Full Time, Permanent 40 Hours per Week
We are delighted to be working with an award winning and market leading Pharmacy Group, renowned for their excellence in customer care, to assist them in sourcing and appointing suitably qualified and experienced Pharmacy Professionals for multiple locations. They firmly believe that by employing motivated, driven and passionate team members that their customers always remain of the forefront of what they do. As a Technician, you will assist the Pharmacist in the day to day running of the dispensary.
- Answer patient questions and troubleshoot/resolve them promptly
- Understand the various challenges of specific diseases and pharmaceutical care of those diseases
- Assist the pharmacist in dispensing to and advising patients on POM and P medicines in a safe and legal manner in line with company procedures
- Promote patients’ drug compliance
- Report all drug adverse events
- Establish and maintain good relationships with doctors and family practices
- Work as part of a team to provide support to other members of the healthcare team
- Manage claims under the various HSE schemes, including end of month procedures
- Manage stock holding in the dispensary – including stock ordering, rotation and date checking
- Sales of OTC medications in line with company procedures
- Overseeing the management of OTC stock control and merchandising
- Execution of the dispensary business plan
- Assisting in group healthcare and retail events
- Assisting head office staff with reporting at branch level
- Assist communications between supervising, and staff pharmacists
- To partake in group training events
- Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail and pharmacy industries, understanding and implementing forthcoming group initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing
- Initiating changes to improve the business alongside senior managers
- Seeking to increase customer satisfaction and sales at all times
- The candidate must have a Recognised Pharmacy Technician or Dispensing Technician Qualification
- The Ideal candidate will have previous Pharmacy Technician Experience in a bus pharmacy setting and previous experience and proficiency with McLernons Dispensing System
- The successful candidate will have accurate data entry skills with strong management and organisational skills
- It is essential to be able to read, write, and speak English fluently with excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- The candidate must be flexible and proactive to meet varied patient needs including willingness to be a team player and promote a positive team environment
- You should be self-motivated and able to work independently with an excellent attention to detail
- Applicants must be able to effectively present information to the patient and in small group situations and be able to collaborate with other healthcare professionals
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close / fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavor to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your CV to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their CV being released to a client.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.
Apply for this job.