Planning Manager -JO2772
Salary Circa €40-€45K DOE
This company is an extremely successful and rapidly expanding Manufacturing Facility with a client portfolio that stretches worldwide. They produce bespoke and innovative products for clients across many sectors. They wish to make a key appointment urgently and invite applications from suitably experienced candidates.
To create a viable Production plan for all equipment and processes enabling the delivery of product in line with Customer demand using SYSPRO as the key information and planning resource. The successful candidate will report to the Operations Manager and you will be responsible for the Planning Assistants.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe working environment, ensuring that all H & S requirements and procedures are adhered to, including the reporting and resolution of all incidents or accidents and the correct use of specified PPE
- Act as the site contact point and subject matter expert for all production planning activities, in line with sales forecast and specific customer due dates
- Liaise with the clients’ UK company Planning, Finance & Customer Services to coordinate the planning and scheduling of orders across the production areas
- Establish strong working relationships with all departments ensuring a cohesive approach to delivery of budgeted metrics and other key performance indicators
- Direct the activities of the Planning Assistants to ensure that production plans are coherent, timely and reflect a logical sequence for production and customer due dates
- Direct the activities of the Logistics Officer to ensure that order picking and transport arrangements are executed efficiently and as in line with customer expectations
- Ensure that the plans delivered to Production reflect the most efficient use of resources and time, therefore capitalising on the run quantities to maximise performance
- Liaise with the Logistics Manager to plan the delivery of Raw Materials from the satellite storage unit to the point of use and the delivery of Finished Goods from Production to FG satellite warehouse
- In collaboration with the clients’ UK company, place purchase orders for materials used in production processes, bearing in mind lead times and usage rates for direct materials and consumables
- Carry out all other reasonable requests
- The ideal candidate will have suitable relevant experience and qualification or demonstrate an aptitude for the role though preference will be given to those with formal planning experience in a past role
- A 3rd level relevant qualification is desirable
- You should also have excellent PC skills, the ability to analyse reports and pick out specific detail and be able to demonstrate you can work to deadlines and manage self to achieve this
- Again, preference will be given to those familiar with SYSPRO/ERP or similar systems
- You should have good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “Word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert.
This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.