Principal Data Scientist (manager) Analytics
Principal Data Scientist (Manager)
Are you good at math and statistics? Do you love logical problem solving and intellectual challenges? Do you like questioning people’s assumptions and have curiosity to know Why? Are you passionate about data and the technology? Do you think you have the focus and attention to detail but also the ability to see the big picture? Are you excited by the environment of a start-up organisation within the walls of a 140-year company? If so, we have a unique and exciting opportunity for you. As a data scientist, this is your chance to drive innovation, solve high impact business problems, promote data-driven decision-making and help prepare the company for the next 140 years.
- Building best-in-class predictive models and decision tools to address business needs by leveraging state-of-the-art machine learning and statistical algorithms
• Demonstrate and maintain in-depth knowledge of the business success drivers, industry trends, regulatory issues, and the competitive marketplace.
• Focus on arming business partners with fact-based decision making and enabling them to quickly and nimbly make
• changes, as appropriate, that may affect diverse business areas, from customer behaviour to risk management, to pricing and other business strategies
• Communicate findings in to key stakeholders, leaders and team members from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
• Keeping pace with developments in the analytics field and actively seeking out novel methodologies and technologies.
• Manage project plans, timelines, and client relationships to ensure projects are delivered with the highest quality, on time and within budget.
• Help hire & develop a team of best-in-class analytics professionals; mentor junior staff; create learning & development opportunities.
- Expertise in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, generalised linear models, tree models (CART, MART), data visualisation, cluster analysis, principal components and feature creation, validation.
• Programming experience with SQL/Python/R/SAS and/or other relevant languages (e.g. Java, Pig, Scala).
• Ability to train, develop, and teach more junior data scientists.
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills, with ability to present and explain data to business managers, with fluency in Microsoft business applications (Word/PowerPoint/Excel).
• Project management experience.
• Some prior exposure to financial services or insurance industry desired.
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Financial services industry experience, with understanding of both retail and institutional businesses preferred.
• Experience with (near) real-time decision engines and big data platforms (e.g. Spark).
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a quantitative discipline, plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in data analytics field including leading modeling projects.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobsApply for this job.