Reporting to the Process Manager, the Process Technologist will play a key role in optimising the manufacture of premium Dairy Ingredients, including design, development and implementation of production processes within the parameters of our GPS framework. The ideal person will have R&D experience aligned with spray drying / powders expertise.
- Assume a leadership role in relation to the optimisation of the companies dryers on an on-going basis
- Proactively contribute to on-going efforts to improve plant efficiencies and reduce process variation.
- Support the business in producing quality product first time through clear definition of customer needs
- Systematically review each drying plant performance to identify improvement opportunities
- Support all Plant Personnel in implementation of improvement projects, facilitating and monitoring improvement initiatives through the use of GPS tools and techniques
- Provide technical support to operations in relation to Dryer configurations and process parameters
- Provide manufacturing information by analysing production performance data and providing insight into performance issues and opportunities.
- Take a leadership role in assessing issues that arise during normal operations and, in collaboration with the operations team, identify improvement opportunities and formally identify the root cause of process problems.
- Recognise the importance of budget targets, constantly strive to reduce costs and improve efficiencies through a detailed knowledge of the process and a continuous goal of eliminating waste.
- Contribute to the development of site culture and act as role model for Plant values and behaviours.
- Act as role model in the implementation of site cleanliness and hygiene standards.
- 3rd level qualification in Science, Food, Engineering, manufacturing or related discipline
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Process Improvement or product development,
- Manufacturing experience, preferably in a range of drying plants on dairy ingredients
- Experience in project management
- R&D aligned with spray drying / powders expertise
- Experience in operating within, and delivering on, the highest quality standards in the powder manufacturing sector
- Results driven, customer focused with high performance capability in a fast moving challenging business environment
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
Please send your CV through the link of call Lyn on 02890 339968 to be considered for this role