Procurement /Supply Chain Specialist
Supply Chain Specialist, with focus on Procurement – Highly Innovative Business
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager
The successful candidate will also manage the company’s customer delivery process, from customer order receipt, sales order processing; stock availability checks, customer communications and interface with our distribution providers. They will add value across the Supply Chain, by improving KPI reporting, improvement of existing processes and will lead projects. They will be a strong leader with the ability to work effectively with others.
- Seek reliable suppliers to provide quality goods at reasonable prices.
- Analyse Market Trends, to make optimum buying decisions.
- Implement and maintain system for supplier measurement in the areas of Price, Quality, Delivery Accuracy, and proposal and delivery of Cost Saving Initiatives.
- Implement and deliver on, a Schedule of Business Reviews, with agreed Key Suppliers.
- Update the Business Management team on key KPI’s, project progress, cost saving and improvement initiatives.
Service Delivery Management
- Contribute to the delivery of 99% service to our customers.
- Manage out third party distribution suppliers, to ensure high standards are delivered, in the areas of Customer Deliveries, Customer Services, and Stock management.
- Actively support internal or external customer review meetings by supplying appropriate customer related data, as and when required.
- Act as the key point of contact for the Supply Chain functions of our Customers.
- Actively establish and manage all key performance indicator metrics associated with your customers, in conjunction with internal teams.
- Visit of our customers, on a scheduled basis for review of performance and demand planning into the future.
- Provide support to other areas of the Supply Chain function.
- Make sustainable improvements in areas of the Supply Chain, through value adding projects, and IT system developments.
Key Experience & Skills:
- 3rd level qualification in Supply Chain, Logistics, or similar.
- 5+ years’ front line supply chain experience.
- 3+ years’ extensive experience at negotiations across a range of categories.
- Extensive knowledge in supplier management.
- Highly disciplined in the execution of plans and schedules.
- Solution Oriented, with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong drive and positive energy to meet targets and achieve results.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent Leadership, Influencing and People Management skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Experience of SAP an advantage
- Please send your CV through the link or call Lyn on 02890 339968