Management of the UK & Ireland office and sales team. Strong growth in UK & Ireland has created an exciting new Management position reporting to the Sales Director.
- Degree level qualification in mechanical engineering or biomedical sciences or biomedical engineering. 2:1 or above
- Excellent IT Skills not only Microsoft packages but proficiency in Solidworks and CAD design packages.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Competency in rough model prototyping
- Competency in Solidworks
- Experience of product design for medical devices
- Work alongside the Tool Room Manager to design component and products
- Maintenance of production assembly and packaging drawings
- Working as part of a team to support the manufacturing areas with engineering solutions
- Assist the Technical Director and Tool Room Manager in the development of new products, including product design, packaging and technical input into product literature.
- Development of new products and manufacturing and testing processes – computer modelling, rough prototyping, design drawing, sample testing, final approvals, design records.
- Maintenance and development of networked Production Assembly drawings (DMR drawings) and packaging inserts and box labelling. Maintenance of computer files for mould and product designs.
- Development of bar-coding for product labelling
- Product development – improvements to existing products, problem solving on key components, smooth transfers to alternative suppliers and new product design when required.
- Process improvements – improvements to assembly techniques, provision of testing methods/apparatus
- Maintain design files in accordance with relevant QMS procedures and make them available for review during Quality Audits.
- Carry out technical investigations and support information, which is required for the closure of customer complaints by the Quality Manager and others.
- Maintenance of the DMR index – generating DMR’s and updating via the change note procedure.
Contact Helen Canning Tel: 028 7035 6028
Or email via the CONTACT EMPLOYER BUTTON
Closing Date: Completed application forms should be received by 2pm on Wednesday 3rd August 2016
Armstrong Medical is an equal opportunities employer.
Full job specs available on our website.Apply for this job.